The Chunin Exam's Part 2

Sakura's POV

I've never felt my life had amounted to much, it was a normal life. Compared to other's who always talked about accomplishing so much in life and having been through amazing escapades. I was always just living life the way I felt best to do so. Although many would see me as the 'good girl' they didn't really think I was capable of ever being the 'bad girl'.

I was never good because I wanted people's acceptance. All I really needed was my families love and acceptance for who I was, not for what people wanted me to be like. Only because I lived peacefully was I good, I would never hesitate to be the 'bad girl' if I needed to be.

I didn't care what people said or thought about me, that was their opinion. My family however, was a different subject. I wouldn't allow them to be hurt and if I had to be the 'bad girl' then I was ready to be. But again, I lived peacefully with them so I didn't need to be bad.

I was happy with my life. After all, I had everything I would ever need and want. My family which meant the world to me. Love, that was both given and received. Health and Happiness that was acquired throughout the years of my life.

However, my earlier preconception that I had stated about my life being normal, was disregarded the moment I awoke in a strange place. It had taken more than one all nighter's to wrap my head around my situation, and I had yet to find an answer. When I realized that I would be unable to return to the place where my life was happiest, I felt despair. Probably for the first time in my life, that moment had been when I felt true despair.

The only thing that kept me grounded and able to move forward was my desire to return home. Having useful knowledge of where I was and what would happen was also a great help. I was relieved that I wasn't completely lost.

Throughout my time in my new world, I learned a lot more and met new people. People whom I would never of known if I had a normal life. Slowly, they became special to me and the thought of helping them was more prominent than before.

The knowledge and power I received from intense training and studying was impossible to obtain in my other world. And so was the danger that accompanied it. Through meticulous planning, I was able to progress forward with my intended goal in this world.

I truly believed I could get far with all that I had acquired over the years. From power, knowledge, planning, friends and more. I was overconfident.

Many died because I was confident I could save them. And even more so my fault because I believed like a naïve child that by befriending a few of its member's, everything would be alright.

From that moment, death seemed so much closer than I realized in this world. My other world was so much more tranquil it was ridiculous comparing the two. Death seemed so far away in my other world only because people neglected it. They were the same really, this new world was just so much more open about it.

After realizing that I had to and could do something about changing myself, I steeled my resolve. Firmly, I took charge of my life and lived it not only for myself, but for everyone's future.

That was my Nindo, my 'Ninja Way'. Become strong, to be able to save and protect people.

As time went on, the hours turned to days, and then weeks and months. By the time I realized it, ten years had already passed since my arrival. I had spent less time focusing on my anguish and more on my new world. But there wasn't a time when I ever forgot my other world, I just focused on both instead of just one.