First Day Of Training

Sakura's POV

I was startled awake by a loud noise, if my groggy senses where anything to go by. The door in my room was just pushed open, with an unnecessary force behind it if I do say so myself. After the shock of being startled passed away, I looked towards the doorway. Kioshi stood in front of me with an expressionless face. I looked over to the clock...it was five thirty in the morning. With my face blank I looked back over at Kioshi before promptly falling back on the bed.

'Inner! What does he want so early in the morning!?'

I wasn't a morning person; my brain alone could barely function correctly. It wasn't much about what time I had to wake up, more to the fact of physically getting up and awake.

"I don't know, but it better be freaking good to wake me up at this hour!" Shouted Inner making it hard not to get a headache from such early actions. Inner on the other hand seemed to just flat out hate waking up early.

"Oh? I guess you don't want to train with daddy after all...and here I thought we we're going to have a great day." I shot up so quickly that my bed hair was most likely pointing up in funny directions, but I didn't care.

'Training! Did he just say that?' I asked Inner to make sure I wasn't hearing things I wasn't supposed to.

"Yeah! He said training!" Inner reassured, smiled widely in surprise.

"But daddy! What about the books?" I asked, wanting to understand why he changed his mind.

"Your mommy showed me the work you did yesterday. I was so impressed that I have decided to teach you the basics now. Is that okay?" I don't know how I did it but my head was nodding up and down so fast I became dizzy. I jumped up and bounced on the bed, throwing my hands up in childish joy.

"Yes, I want to train! Yay!" He smiled as I hugged him. He easily returned the hug probably so I wouldn't fall off the bed in my joy.

"Good. I'm glad you're so excited. Get ready and meet me downstairs." I nodded at his instructions and he soon left me alone again. I jumped out of bed, trying and failing to make the bed nicely. I had so much excitement inside, I could barely concentrate.

'Inner this is great! Even though he's only teaching us the basics, as long as we're shown how to tap into our chakra reserves the rest is easily learned!' I said through our mind link. She frowned at my exclamation.

"Are you crazy! How can the rest be easy!?" She asked me as if I was the crazy person. I was hurriedly brushing my teeth and washing my face as I mentally answered her.

'I didn't mean it was going to be physically easy. I just meant if we wanted to learn more advanced material that he didn't want to teach us like...tree climbing than we could do it by researching. Self-study is what I meant after learning the basics.'

She nodded, finally understanding. I went into the closet and decided to wear something comfortable but that wouldn't restrict my movements. I put on some pants that reminded me of the ones Jōnin ninja wear the standard pants. Then I put on a loose, blue tee-shirt, loose enough for me to breath and tight enough so it wouldn't restrict movement.

I ran down stairs—mindful of my steps—and looked around noticing that Kioshi wasn't in the living room. I went into the kitchen and through the mini hallway towards the back door. As it opened, I saw him standing near the trees. I wonder if he noticed that I had arrived…probably with all that racket I made.