Memorial Stone

Sakura's POV

I stood in the exact same place they left me at for what felt like minutes. Shisui and Itachi having left what appeared to have been a long time ago. Once I figured out that I couldn't do anything about my new situation any longer, I walked over to an open table near a window. I sighed and looked around the bakery, since it was early, I figured there would be more people. I guess I wouldn't know, this was only the fourth time I've ever been here.

"Here Sakura." Madoka said as she came towards me with a small bag. Having left shortly after the others, I had faintly caught her saying something about grabbing me a snack before she left me alone to ponder about my predicament.

"Are they cookies?" I asked her once she set the bag down in front of me. She nodded and smiled at my curious question.

"They're different from the last ones. Oh, and here's some money in case you want to buy yourself something to drink. Make sure not to stay out too late ok." She stated and I nodded and smiled up to Madoka reassuringly.

"Okay mommy!" I said as I gave Madoka a hug and placed the money in my pink bag. I stepped out of the bakery and closed my eyes in concentration as I did a quick chakra scan. My eyes snapped open when I sensed Naruto nearby at the end of my sensing limit. I ran all the way there, momentarily forgetting about Sora on my shoulder. He was so light compared to the weights that I usually forget he's there now. I usually remember him on me when he jumps off and flies right beside me.

Sprinting towards Naruto took a good three minutes. He kept moving and making me have to run faster to catch up. It almost felt like he was running away, but from what...or better yet, who?

"What if he's getting picked on?!" Inner shrieked inside my head in dread. With that last thought, I ran faster. It was already established that looking for Naruto was hard. That boy could hide, but then again we were still learning how to seek well with chakra through a whole village. It was proving to be difficult.

I found myself nearing the location where his chakra felt the strongest. We were still on the streets and there was a small crowd of people in the center. As I felt for Naruto's chakra, I found him trapped in the center of the mob of people. There was also an unrecognizable chakra source nearby that stood out from all the others. Trying to locate the source, I found it leading me to an alleyway. The source felt tiny, not the kind that was felt on kids or animals. No, it felt suppressed as if it was being compacted inside on purpose.

"Do you think it's a skilled ninja?" Inner asked.

'Maybe it's one of his ANBU guards?' I answered her question with a question. I heard loud shouting and movement up ahead which caught my attention.

"Why are you even alive?!" Said one of the many villagers who encircled Naruto. I frowned as soon as I heard those cruel words.

"How many times do we have to chase you away, demon?!" An old woman shouted. There were many different insults being thrown at Naruto, all ranging in a variety of cruelty. Naruto's chakra fluctuated in frightened waves as he scrunched himself from all the scrutiny and verbal abuse. Tightening my fist and narrowing my eyes I took a deep breath to settle myself down.

"Hey!" I shouted with my high-pitched voice to gain their attention. The angry and scared chakra stopped momentarily and changed to wonder and confusion. I saw them turn to look at me and I took it all in. I saw Naruto peek through the adult's legs. His eyes widened and I could see the surprise in them as well as the tears beginning to form.

"...I'm sorry little girl! We didn't see you there. Are you lost?" Asked the woman who had earlier called Naruto a demon. My frown deepened, not caring whether I was being rude.