The Wave Mission Part 3

Sakura's POV

Using Shadow clones was still an unatural feeling. I had missed dinner, well my real body did. Inari's father was brought up during dinner and all the normal things happened soon after. My clone had excused herself to take a shower, and I climbed into the window and dispersed it so I could take it's place. In one rushed moment, memories of what happened entered my mind. It wasn't like the feeling I got when I saw people's or things memories, it was much slower and organized.

I was glad that no one had really suspected anything, because I had been mostly by myself training. I just hoped Kakashi's sensing ability wasn't as good as his ability to suppress his chakra.

Finishing the shower, I bid them all goodnight in the most calm and normal way I usually did.

"Are you going to sleep? What about Naruto?" Inner asked as I pulled the sheets up to cover myself.

'He'll be fine, I trust he wont do anything stupid this time either.' I said as I closed my eyes and listened intently to the sound of the lulling waves.

"But he meets Haku in the morning." Inner stated in obvious worry.

'It'll be okay. They need to meet each other in order to find a connection. Besides, we'll be close enough to get there if anything does happen.' I replied as my eye's felt heavier by the second.

"Alright...goodnight then..." Inner stated still a bit unsure. I took note of the moon outside the window. It felt eerie, a bad sign, narrowing my eyes I could only hope things would go as planned tomorrow.

~*oOo*~

Yawning, I approached the table dressed and ready for the day.

"Good morning." I greeted the occupants in the room. I received different greetings from each one, before taking a seat at the table.

"So where's the last brat?" Tazuna asked when I began to eat.

"Must be training." I responded with a shrug.

"He's probably lying dead somewhere." Sasuke stated with a nonchalant aura.

"Oh I hope not. All of you work so hard." Tsunami stated from her seat across the table.

"Don't worry, they may be reckless at times, but their good ninja's. They'll be alright." Kakashi assured. Standing up, Sasuke placed his hands in his pockets.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I lowered my spoon full of food from my mouth.

"To take a walk." Was his curt reply. Smiling behind the spoon, I snickered quietly to myself.

"Tell Naruto good morning for me!" I shouted out as he walked through the door. I barely caught the faint clicking of his tongue in annoyance. Chuckling, I went back to finishing my breakfast so I could catch up soon.

~*oOo*~

Kakashi and I found Naruto and Sasuke first thing after breakfast. Naruto had once again succeeded in making me worry. His little prank had my heart racing in panic, even though I knew things would end well. Just the thought of something going wrong had me on edge. It was hard enough knowing that this was all real and not a show/book. They could die, and it wouldn't be too hard for them to attract some bad luck.