Lessons On Etiquette

woke up from a restful night's sleep, sitting up on my fluffy bed. I sat there for what seemed like five minutes and stared at nothing in particular.

"So it wasn't a dream..." I sighed. Oh well, time to get up.

I looked over to the nightstand on my left. The clock had big red numbers, since the two-year-old Sakura had yet to perfect her knowledge with analog type clocks. It was eight o'clock again and it was about time I get up. I jumped off the bed and tried to fix it but this small body was making it hard.

"Sakura? What are you doing?" My body froze in the middle of picking up a cover. Crap! I forgot about her! I twirled around quickly and smiled at her.

"Mommy! You scared me!" I ran up to her and hugged her legs. She patted down my messy bed hair that was most likely sticking up in every direction.

"Sorry Sakura, I heard noises and came up to check on you." I hid my face into the hug. I was not going to get caught on my second day.

"Mommy! I was trying to surprise you by making my bed!" I rambled but hopefully she would understand the explanation. I grabbed a hold of her apron to give me a moment to settle down my racing heart. If every sudden appearance was going to make me paranoid, I had no idea how long I would survive. She must have been making breakfast and heard when I jumped out of bed. I need to be more careful.

'Inner, why didn't you remind me?' I felt her rustle awake in my head.

"I thought you had remembered." She replied just as groggily as I had felt earlier.

'...I forgot she didn't have to work today.' I thought and let go when Madoka crouched down to be closer to my level of height. She took a hold of my tiny hands into her slightly bigger ones.

"I saw you, and I'm very impressed, but here...let me help you." She suggested and I nodded while pouting slightly.

"I can do it...but I'm too short." She giggled at my show of child annoyance. She finished making the bed, and came back towards me.

"Don't worry Sakura, you'll grow taller. Do you want to help mommy make pancakes?" I smiled widely and nodded vigorously at her. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face before going out to my room.

"Come on mommy, pancakes!" I took a hold of her hand as we left my room and descended down the stairs. When we arrived at the kitchen, I could see that she was almost done.

"Ne, Sakura. Do you want to start on daddy's homework he gave you, or do you want mommy to teach you etiquette lessons?" I thought about it and decided to do the homework on my own. That way, I'd have more time to myself and to my thoughts.

"Lessons with mommy!" I exclaimed, and she smiled down at me.

"Alright, we will begin after breakfast." She said, and I nodded with a big grin on my face.

Breakfast went by smoothly. All I had to do to help Madoka was to squirt out the pancake mix into the pan where she then proceeded to flip them over. Once done we went into the dining room and ate our pancakes. We talked about a few things, not so complicated. Then we finished eating and began to clean up the dishes plus the mess I made when making the pancakes. I had to act accordingly to balance out the better-than-normal speaking. Sakura must have naturally been a smart girl since young, way before I came around. Considering my speaking is acceptable and all.