The Game

Sakura's POV

I was awoken from my sleep by Madoka. She had burst through my door so early in the morning the sun wasn't even up. I watched her in a daze as I sat on my bed. She ran around my room gathering things I would need for the day. I sighed and dreaded the idea of going at all. When Madoka saw me lay back down on the bed she pulled away the covers and told me to take a shower.

I trudged towards the bathroom, wanting the time to slow down. Neither Inner nor Madoka were helping out with that. They were both demanding that I hurry, for different reasons. After I had brushed my teeth and showered Madoka had told me to wear the clothes she had laid out on my bed. So I walked out into my room with my bath robe on, and I expected to see a dress but was surprised to see how normal it was.

She had picked out an outfit we got from the Land of Water. It was smooth, royal blue pants that looked like Jōnin-styled pants. The shirt was from the same material and color, its style reminded me of a yukata blouse. The back of the shirt held our Haruno symbol in white. The material felt nice to the touch, and I was glad that it was a particularly dull silk, for it didn't shine as brightly. Underneath the blouse was a long-sleeved fishnet shirt. Wrapping around my right thigh was my holster, that was given to me by Kioshi; and on my feet were the blue ninja sandals. All in all, I felt comfortable while the clothes looked cute. I finished the look by doing a small French braid to the side of my head, gathering the right side of my bangs. Since the parting was on the left, I didn't have to worry about the little bangs that would get on my face.

I walked down to the kitchen and noticed Madoka had already finished making breakfast. We began eating together until Kioshi came down to eat with us. During and after dinner last night, Madoka insisted on refreshing my mind about all the etiquette lessons she had given me before. She was so excited I could see it in her eyes. But the question was, why was she all excited? Although it could be because I would be meeting one of the most powerful clans in Konoha but I doubted that. Kioshi wasn't so happy, he was in fact looking just as bothered as I felt.

Ever since he was informed during dinner that I was invited by Itachi and Shisui to their house, he had this shocked expression on his face. He had whispered something to Madoka, who in turn burst out laughing. She patted his back in a calm manner, and had then told him that it was okay and that it wasn'tthat sort of meeting yet. Whatever that meant, neither Inner nor I could understand. I wasn't so cheerful either, so I could empathize with Kioshi, for whatever reason he was unhappy about.

It wasn't like I didn't want to meet the Uchihas. In fact, I really did. I only wish it was for a different reason...a friendlier one. Maybe it would be friendly on the outside, but I knew deep inside that it felt like I would be watched. For what exactly? I had yet to figure out.

Breakfast finished and I was getting more nervous by the minute. I was told to go at eight, and currently it was seven fifteen. We sat in the living room until it was time for me to go. Madoka was still cramming me with knowledge I already knew, and Kioshi just sat and listened to the side of us.

At seven-thirty my anxiousness escalated when the doorbell rang. Silence followed and it was filled with weariness as I dreadfully knew they had all this planned out. They really wouldn't allow me to escape this meeting.

Madoka opened the door and being the good hostess she was, greeted them and welcomed them inside.

The footsteps that were heard felt like eternity had passed before they stopped in front of me. Shisui sporting his big grin, greeted us. He was the only one who came to pick me up and I didn't know if I should be relaxed or cautious. I decided Inner should be cautious while I took on the façade of being relaxed.