The Chunin Exam's Part 3

Sakura's POV

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Inner asked from somewhere behind me.

"I'm fine." I responded as I continued forwards towards my fifth failed attempt at catching fish from a deep end of the stream.

"Uh-huh. You've not only stumbled several times since you left the safety place but you seem to be having a hard time with the fish." Inner mumbled.

"If you're not going to help, then I want you to be quiet." I said and ignored her rebuttal in favor of concentrating on the small chakra signatures coming from down below.

Not being able to see has been a pain just like expected, but it's a lot harder to actually do something than I thought. Sensing chakra has been one way that's helped me cope with this new situation. I knew, if I ever went up against someone as good as Kakashi or some other ninja then I would be at a loss. They could hide their chakra from me and I wouldn't be able to do anything, unless they performed a jutsu, then I could find them.

And unlike Inner, I could sense chakra or not sense it, whenever I wanted to. Unless of course it was too powerful. She couldn't really block any out when she was outside because of how sensitive she was to it.

I had asked her to unseal my weapon scroll that Haruki had given me a long time ago. I took a spear from the many, to go and catch me some fish. Having the weapon in my grip was as comfortable to me as when Haruki taught me. I would not allow my blindness to hinder me, I would only use it to my advantage. Instead of my sight, I will focus on my other senses so they can help me tackle my new lifestyle.

"Wow, you're doing it all primitively." Inner stated from beside me. I flinched slightly at her presence, not having sensed her approaching. I sighed and shook my head before taking another step along the shallow ends. I concentrated all of my senses beside's sight, into the water underneath me as well as my chakra sensing.

Whenever I felt a fish's chakra move close by, I would stab in the direction I felt it with the blade of the spear.

"Ooh! You caught one!" Inner exclaimed with excitement. I smiled and moved it towards her.

"EW! Get it away!" She shouted as I predicted. I heard the water swish from her hurried movements to get away and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"It's just a fish. Quit being such a girly-girl. Sorry little fishes, but I have people to feed. Your life will sustain another." I stated before tossing it to the ground behind me.

"Well then you quit being so nice to everyone and everything then I'll stop being such a girly-girl! Actually, I had been very proud of you during the fight against Team Dosu. I didn't think you could be that scary and threaten to kill someone." Inner stated as I went back to concentrating on the fish.

"Although I was bluffing, if it came down to it, I might have...maybe. I just don't want to kill if I don't have to. Lives are precious to me. I don't want people to die, because I've been so close to dying I know how they would feel. " I said as I stabbed my spear once more into the water. When I felt a tiny spike of chakra, I knew I had gotten another one. Sending another silent apology, I tossed it with the other's.

"Well, hopefully that kindness of yours wont get youkilled someday." Inner said with a quiet voice. I kept quiet and continued on, not really wanting to continue the conversation.