Ramen and Cookies

Sakura's POV

Sasuke frowned over at me and then smirked. He was starting to give me some bad vibes.

"So, where's your hawk?" I raised an eyebrow at his question.

"Outside." Wasn't that obvious? Although, he probably still thinks I was lying about having a hawk in the first place.

"Hmph, of course it is." He said and I sighed. Instead of the grumpy boy, I looked over to Itachi who stayed quiet but had a glint of amusement in his eyes directed at Sasuke.

'Itachi is about five years older right? So he's around nine. He still looks like any other kid to me. Though I know better than to judge someone by appearance. He's most likely a Genin right now and getting ready to take part in the upcoming Chūnin exams. Most importantly he has already mastered his Sharingan.'

"I don't care about all that! He's still cute!" Oh Inner, I don't think she worries half as much as me. I bowed at him in greeting.

"Hello." I said, and he inclined his head in my direction.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you. I wasn't aware Sasuke had made a friend so quickly after coming out of the house." At the last part he received a glare from Sasuke.

'I'm glad he's still nice and polite. Inner, we should do everything we can to try and keep it that way. Since he was very young during the Third Shinobi World War he became a pacifist right? Let's make sure he doesn't commit the same mistakes for his and everyone's sake.'

"I agree completely!"

"She's not my friend." I felt a stab of pain from within, knowing it to be from Inner. But whether it was from Inner or not, it still hurt to know the person you wanted to help didn't like you.

"Sasuke, don't be rude." Itachi reprimanded and Sasuke pouted and looked away. Before he could continue to be a brat and hurt Inner's feelings I decided it was enough time spent with Sasuke for now.

"Well I found what I was looking for, bye." I walked the opposite way they came in. When I finished checking out the book, I made my way to the bakery. Before I even rounded the corner that lead to the bakery, a crowd of people were standing near the door. I observed them and found out that they were waiting to be let in. Apparently the inside was already full. I could see through the windows all the chaos that was happening inside. Walking quickly through the crowd I was able to make it inside.

Of course, people asked if I was cutting in line. And it was hard to answer considering I really was. They seemed to calm down once I told them I was Madoka's daughter and they let me in.

Looking for Madoka through all this chaos was a real challenge. In the end, I found her by following her chakra.

"Mommy." She turned over and gave me a tired smile.

"Hey Sakura. It seems I'm a little busy. Can you do me a big favor?" I nodded up to her. If her appearance didn't give away how busy she was I don't know what did, well maybe perhaps the people waiting outside. She handed me a big basket filled with tiny pastries of all kinds. As she prepared more she explained the reason for all the people. It seems Madoka was very famous for her one-of-a-kind sweets that only she could make.