Chapter 43 (:

Six blissful months later...

"Mom, how do I look?" Julie asked, trying to get Mrs. Roberts attention away from the phone.

"One second darling. I need to hire an emergency limo driver. The one we hired a week ago, just backed out." Mrs. Roberts said, sighing.

Julie tugged at her headband. It was itching, but it did make her look good, Julie agreed.

"Oh my dear! You look like an absolute angel!" Mrs. Roberts said, almost having tears in her eyes. "Here, pose for a picture."

"Mom, puh-lease. Why do you have to act like she's getting married?" Jake asked, annoyed.

"Julie, you look really pretty," Bryan said, shyly.

"Aww thank you, Bryan," Julie said, kissing Bryan on the top of his head. 

"Eww, gross. Don't do that!" Bryan yelched.

Julie just rolled her eyes.

"Okay I think I'm all set, mom" she said.

"I'll get dad. Hang on for a minute." Mrs. Roberts said.

Ding dong.

Oh shoot, he's here. Julie started hyperventilating. Even though she had been going out with Laurent for six months, she always got butterflies in her stomach. Her parents waited until the next day to comment on her relationship. They told her that they were really glad she found someone. Julie was growing up. It was only normal she had one boyfriend by this time.

"Wait for three minutes and then come down, okay?" Mrs. Roberts said, rushing downstairs.

Julie sighed. Why was her mom acting like SHE was going to get married?

"Okay come down now, hon" Mr. Roberts called out. 

Finally, Julie thought. 

She lifted her dress, and advanced the stairs.

Her mother was holding a video camera, and asked Julie to come down as slowly and dramatically as possible. Julie couldn't help giggling as she came down. Laurent was waiting for her at the end of the stair case.

Laurent gave her one hand, which she gracefully accepted. He kissed her hand and held out his elbow. Julie tangled her arms into it, and like a handsome couple, they walked out the door. 

The chaufferer held the door open, and Laurent let Julie in first. 

"I wanna kiss you," Laurent said, groaning. "You look sooooo beautiful."

"No, please don't, I took hours to put my make up on," Julie didn't get time to complete her sentence.