Chapter 17 (:

Trrrrrriiiiiiing.

Ugh, it's 5:30 am already, Julie thought. Yawning, she got out of bed, and brushed her teeth. She changed into her tracks, got her ipod, gobbled up fresh orange juice and ran outside.

She met Synthia at the cross junction.

“Pretty nice weather, ain't it?” Synthia asked.

“Yeah, but it's so cold.”

“It was colder yesterday. But it goes away as you keep running.”

“Come on, let's go.”

Julie and Synthia ran for an hour, and went back home to get ready for school. Julie had a fifteen minute hot shower and came out completely refreshed.

Laurent was always punctual.

And their conversation was slowly getting more friendly.

“American football is much more fun than I thought it would be.”

“It will be even more fun when we cheer for you,” Julie winked.

“Oh yes, I bet it will,” Laurent laughed.

“So, how did Diara's session go yesterday?”

Oh, it was fine.” Laurent didn't say anything further.

“Okay, that's good. We will do physics, English and History today. History is fun. You just have to memorize names basically, which you are obviously so good at, so it should be no problem.”

Laurent shrugged. “ Okay.”

At school, Julie had managed to submit all her homework, but was disappointed when she realized she didn't know an answer when Mr. Roland, her history teacher, asked one of her classmates.

I have to study, Julie thought to herself.

During track, Mr. Thomas was timing them. Julie managed to break her old record. Synthia missed it by a second.

Mr. Thomas beamed, “Excellent Julie. Keep progressing this way. We are sure to go a mile ahead. Synthia, what happened? You are our sprinter. You can't let this happen.”

“Yes Mr. Thomas. Thank you.” Julie said.

“Sorry sir, it won't happen again.” Synthia said.

Synthia scowled to Julie.

“It was a nanosecond behind!”

“You know him. Forget it. Race you again?” Julie ran before Synthia could even reply.