Chapter 30 (:

Laurent took the opportunity to try to talk to Synthia before Diara and Julie came back. Synthia was still giving him the evil eye, but he manage to convince him to go for it.

"Synthia," Laurent started, but Synthia broke him off.

"I have no patience with guys who backstab. Move out of my way," she said harsly.

"No. Please! Please listen to me. I wont take more than a minute." Laurent said.

"Why should I listen to you, when all you've done is broken all of our trust?"

"Because I love her. And I honestly didn't want to hurt her." 

"You love that silly witch? Out of my way, right now." 

Laurent looked surprised.

"I meant Julie," he said, softly.

Synthia stopped in tracks. She couldn't believe what she just heard.

"You love who?" she asked, completely astonished.

"Julie. Will you now listen to me now?" he asked.

Synthia sighed. "Okay."

Laurent started right from the beginning, how he always got what he wanted. He had a very loving family, and that his mom would do everything to make him happy. She even travelled all the way from France, just so that she could be with him. He absolutel adored his sister. 

And then the girlfriends. Everyone loved him. And every girl wanted him. He grew up spoilt and when he met Julie, his confidence stumbled a bit. Ryan had challenged him, and at that time, because he was so full of himself, he accepted it. 

But only after getting to know her, being with her all the time, learning from her, watching her play with his sister, watching her be that perfect girl she always was, it made him realize that he was nothing without her. The day he brought her to hospital, he finally understood what love really was. He was worried sick about her, and didn't want to leave her side, but his guilt conscience always pricked him. It was then he knew that he had to sort the problem out. So he stayed away. And begged Diara not to tell Julie. She forced him to date her, but backstabbed him anyway.

"You're really dumb, you know that?" Synthia said, sighing.

How had he gotten himself into this mess? But Julie's not one to hold grudges, but this was injustice. She'll get over it, when I talk to her, she thought.

"So, help me get back with her?" he asked, hopefully.

"Yes. I will. Only because I know Julie really likes you too. Otherwise I wouldn't have cared. And break her heart one more time, and you'll not live to see yourself graduate."

"I wont. A second chance is all I want," he promised.

...........

....

Laurent was so upset the whole week. Mrs. Nina noticed it, and finally asked him, what was up. 

"Nothing mom, I'm fine really."

"No, you've been skipping your meals, and you aren't into singing as much as you used to be."

"Come on, what happened, dear?"

"Yeah! What happened, Laury? You aren't playing with me anymore," Rhona whined. She was solemnly patting his legs, trying to give him comfort.

Laurent looked at his mom and sister, and couldn't take it anymore. He broke down. 

"It's Julie. I think I love her, but I ruined all my chances in getting back with her."

Mrs. Nina smiled. "Admitting to a problem is always the first step. I'm sure you'll do the right thing."

Laurent was so ashamed to tell his mom what he did, but listening to his mom's wise words made him feel so much better.

He was hoping to get a good feedback from Synthia.