Chapter 3 (:

The ride was a quiet one except for when Julie had to tell the directions. Julie stared out of the window. 

It took a minute to realize that the guy was talking to her.

"You know, this quiet is so much a relief. I was wondering how I was gonna get my way around here without anyone first screaming. Thanks for that."

Okay that was weird, she thought.

She nodded her head in acknowledgement. 

As she watched the row of trees pass by, the boy turned on the radio. The song that was playing was one of her top favorite songs, and he was singing along with it. Quite well. In fact he was very good.  

Julie looked at him in surprise. “You know this song?”

Julie just realized how good looking he was. He was what those girls would call a hunk. There was something familiar about him, but Julie couldn't pin point it out.

The boy just kept driving, but then he turned around and said, “ Well, it is quite popular you know,” he said, trying to mask his surprised voice.

Julie blushed. “Yeah, but well, I just wondered cause it is um my favorite song, and you sing it pretty well.”

Julie was trying to remember who sang this song, but it didn't ring a bell.

Suddenly, for the first time, she felt a bit shy. She had never been shy before, especially when it came to guys.

After all, she had an older and an younger brother. She never liked anyone before, and really didn't find the point in having need to. She had a loving family and awesome friends. Her priority was doing well in school and getting into Chipgal.

Her friends tried to set her up on dates, but it all ended in vain. Julie and her

date would end up talking about their favorite comic books and sports, or

they would be playing arm wrestling or thumb war, or Mercy.

She was a cool fun type to hang out with, and that's why everybody loved her.

Everyone except Diara, that is.

Diara was used to getting all the attention, and though she was popular, Julie was the more favored one. Diara, Julie and Synthia were in the same school since kindergarten. The three were best friends.

But in 6th. Diara became really popular. She got everything she wanted. As she hung out with the more in crowd then, she just drifted apart. 

In middle school, they were more like schoolmates.

In ninth however, Julie and Synthia grew beautiful and more inseparable over the years, and became popular too. Synthia was the more boy crazy one, and Julie was the more sensible one.