Chapter 40 (:

WHAT? Detective Darren? Why does he want me to meet him? Does he think I've done drugs? Oh no! This has got to be bad news. What am I going to do.

Worried, Julie went to recreation, but was surprised at what she saw. Instead of Detective Darren, there was a guy who seemed about eighteen, holding a bunch of roses. 

She walked to him, as no one was available and asked him if he had called her.

The boy just nodded and handed her the flowers.

Julie accepted it and checked out the cards.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, Go to the room in which people sew.

"What's this, " Julie asked.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I was asked to give you these flowers. Those were the only instructions I were given. I will take leave now."

Julie cautiously walked to the sewing room, and was again surprised to see a young boy carrying a bunch of tulips. 

This time she knew what she had to do, and took the flowers without asking him anything. Inside the card,

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, so trace your steps to the swimming pool.

Julie sighed. It wasn't even rhyming. Whoever made it did a really pathetic attempt at this flower hunt. Who was this mystery person? Why was he or she making her walk so much. 

Julie walked to the swimming pool, and spotted a girl having a bunch of sunflowers this time.

Julie smiled and walked to the young girl, and took it from her.

Inside the card again,

Happiness is the natural flower of duty, so trot you go to the parlour of beauty.

Julie was getting more and more curious about this flower hunt. She went to the only beauty parlour available, but didn't see anyone holding flowers.

A lady greeted her, and asked her if she was Julie. Julie asked her how she knew, and she said that she was told that if a girl walks in with a bunch of flowers, lead her to this place. 

"So lead am I going to, you." the lady gently took Julie's hand and showed her to a tiny dining table.

It had a bunch of fruits and as usual, a tiny card.

A fruit is a result of the hardwork of a flower. Please go to Starks, the mini theater.

Julie thanked the lady, and with her hands full, walked to the mini theater, earning a lot of curious stares from the passerbys, because she had three bouquets of flowers and a tray of fruit.

A boy of six was standing outside the door, waiting to open the door for Julie. She thanked him, and entered the dark room. It was an automatic light room, so the moment she went in, the lights switched on by itself, and she was staring at a huge TV. Beside it was a bunch of weeds.

WEEDS. 

Can you believe it? Weeds. Someone must have hated her to do that. But nevertheless, Julie walked to the TV and read the card in it.

A weed is an unloved flower. But it is flower nevertheless. Maybe in disguise though. As a part of your last task, you will open door number eight, AFTER the messenger tells you what to do.

Julie looked back in surprise. She hadn't realized that that young boy had followed her in.

"What should I do now, dear," Julie asked the young boy, smiling at him, gently.

"You have to watch a little movie clip, " the young said, shyly.

"Okay, do you know what it is about?"

The boy vigorously nodded his head no, and Julie took that as a queue to go sit down.

She placed all her flowers and fruits on the table in front of her.

And when she turned to see what was showing on TV, Julie gasped.