Chapter 33 (:

Julie dropped her cup of juice. Did she hear that right? 

Diara's jaw dropped open. She's an alumini of Julie's favorite college.

Mrs. Nina came forward, and gently pushed Diara's jaw up and picked up the plastic cup that Julie dropped.

Julie nearly lost her balance while walking to the stool to take her seat.

"You haven't asked what my offer is, Julie," Mrs. Nina said, laughing.

"What is it?" she squeaked.

"I would like to exclusively train you for this college, and in return I want your hardwork and perserverance, and the entire week of school before the auditions." 

"Yes yes yes YES YES YES!" Julie exclaimed, jumping with joy. She was bouncing up and down, and hugging Mrs. Nina and Diara.

Diara was thrilled for her. It was such a great opportunity, but was a bit annoyed that she had to lead the team. She knew she wasn't really cut out for the job. She would rather be laid back then lead.

Diara coughed. "I'll be going, Julie," she said, smiling. She hugged Julie really hard, said bye to Mrs. Nina and left. 

Mrs. Nina and Julie worked out a proper schedule. 

"You need to ask your parents' permission, first." 

"I know they'll be okay with it, but I'll ask anyway." Julie said, smiling so big, her cheeks hurt.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow," Mrs. Nina winked.

Julie walked her to the door, and was so happy she started singing the whole day.

....

Synthia was so desolate. She couldn't believe the conversation she had with Julie. It was so nerve wrecking. Sighing, she called Laurent.

"Hey Laurent, bad news....."

Laurent sighed. "I guessed so. I can't work on my music, Synthia. All I can think about is her, and how I've ruined everything. I'm thinking of taking a break and moving to Seattle, where I'll be doing my first live performance of the year. I really need to focus. I'll be gone only for a month. I can't afford to take a longer break."

Synthia was aghast when she heard about this deliberate move, but I can't say anything, she thought.

"Alright, it's your wish. But please do take care."

"I will."

........................

"Mom, I'll be moving to Seattle for a month. I'll be living with dad for a while. Is that okay?"

"Are you out of your mind?"

"No, and I know I'm making the right decision. I can't concentrate when she's always around to distract me."

"Please think this through, sweetheart?" 

" I have."

"So you wont change your mind?"

"Nope."

"Okay. Good. I'll get your tickets ready immediately. But not than a month. Understood?"

"Yes mom," Laurent said, sheepishly.

............

At around seven pm, the Roberts' were getting ready for their dinner.

Julie was so happy, that the whole family knew something was up. 

"I have an important announcement to make, " Julie singsonged.

"Okaaaaaay," Mrs. Roberts sang along.

Everyone started laughing, and got seated. 

"Mrs. Nina is an Alumini of Chipgal. And she has offered to help me prepare for my auditions this January."

Silence.

"Here's the thing. I need to take one whole week off before the auditions."

More Silence.

"So....?"

A complete pin drop silence.

Everyone looked around at each other, and started cheering.

"Arrrhhem," Mr. Roberts said. "Let's have a toast for Juliana Roberts."

"Dad! Maybe AFTER I get into Chipgal."

"That's great news dear, we are soo happy to hear that!" Mrs. Roberts said.

Bryan and Jake said cool, and continued to have their dinner.

Julie immediately phoned up Mrs. Nina and told her that she could start right after New Years Day, which Julie spent, sleeping the whole day, because she was just so tired.  

Ready, Set, and Cheer!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें