Chapter 41 (:

Laurent went up on stage, after greeting all of his fans. He had four songs on his sleeves for that performance, but before each performance, he wanted to give a tiny speech.

"Hey y'all," Laurent cried, giving air kisses to all his fans.

"Usually I would sing my own songs, sometimes newly composed, or all of them only mine. But this time, one will be composed, one will be an old song, and two will be from other singers. Reason is because, I've learnt a new lesson. A lesson I'll never forget till I die. And a mistake that I shall repent for, for the rest of my life. And it is all, because, as you guys might have guessed, my one year contract in the US, and most importantly, because of one girl. One extremely special girl, who has made my life completely upside down. Her name is Juliana Roberts."

Julie watched tranfixed. The moment she realized he meant her, she got butterflies in her stomach. 

"But I think I've lost her. I did a really stupid mistake. And I can never forgive myself, let alone HER. For that, I dedicate this song to her, THE REASON, by Hoobastank!"

Julie was mesmerized by his music. She was almost disappointed when he stopped. 

"The next song is Apologize by OneRepublic. In my own way, I feel like I'm apologizing to her, since she wont let me apologize in person," Laurent said, sighing.

Julie bit her lip. Laurent was making her feel so guilty.

"This song was the first song we listened to, the very first time we met each other. Arrogance, by Me," Laurent said, looking sheepishly.

It looked like he was looking right at her!

Julie smiled, feeling so stupid. She asked him if he KNEW the song! He sang it! No wonder he looked annoyed that day, now that she had come to think of it. Oh dear, she thought.

"The last song for today, will be a song newly composed by me." Laurent said.

Julie perked up. Newly composed?

"IT was made in such a hurry, but I really hope you enjoy it."

"Tralalala tralalala  boom ouch boom ouch...."

Shoot, he's refering to our bumping into each other! Oh god. This can't be happening.

"Some peace. Some quiet. No noise. No trouble."

Julie groaned. She was the only one not crazy over him.

"Then came a challenge. Made to bet. Made to bet. Had no choice. Had no choice."

"I could become king. I could have the queen. I was so stupid."

So this was what happened, Julie thought.

"Then came the princess. So beautiful, so gorgeous, so kind, so lovely."

"Made me lose my head. Which gave me back my real head."

Okayyyy.

"I was surprised. I was confused. Why why why."

"And then I realized it was only because of one reason."

"The knight in shining armour, those whos it is not confirmed, fell in love with the princess."

WHAT?

"The princess was made to know the evil intentions of the knight in armour, by the queen."

Julie sighed.

"And the knight in shining armour was banned from the kingdom forever."

"Booohoooohoooo."

The whole crowd was silent, not aware of what to do. And then they all started cheering, realizing that even the teen sensation had a heart. He could be cheesy too. And this made his fans love him more.

"I hope you are watching this, Julie," Laurent said, wistfully. " I love you."

The crowd cheered louder, and the young boy switched off the tv.

"Hey Julie, your next task awaits you," he said, shyly, turning to a stumped Julie. "You need to go to room number eight."

It was the best room in the center.

The little boy dragged her to the room. "Your next to task is to find a guy with a boquet of orchids and HE will lead you to the last and final clue. You ready?"

Julie just nodded her head. She was just so numb. Julie pushed the door open, and looked for the guy with orchids. 

"SURPRISE!" EVERYONE SHOUTED. AND WHEN I SAY EVERYONE, EVERYONE WHO KNEW JULIE, AND EVERYONE JULIE KNEW.

Her family, her best friends, her friends from school, Rachel, Angela, and Michael, Diara, all her best friends' families, Brian Tedson, everyone possible. There were probably about 75 people clogged up in that room.

"What's all this," Julie stuttered.

"A CELEBRATION PARTY, DUH!!" Synthia cried.

"But you didn't know I was going to be selected for sure, right?" 

"Oh, we knew you could ace it. Mrs. Nina assured us anyway." 

Julie glanced at everyone in the room, and her eyes fell on one handsome guy sitting near the stage. The room was a party hall. So there was a stage where people perform as well.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Julie screamed.

The handsome guy looked startled for a second, and then smiled, looking at Julie in the eyes. Julie walked towards him, as the guy stood up, holding the boquet of orchids. 

"Adrian McEvancook. OMG! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT'S ACTUALLY YOU!" Julie said, squealing. "BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I AM SO SORRY I'M SCREAMING BUT I'M LIKE SOO THRILLED TO MEET YOU! I HAVE POSTERS OF YOU ALL OVER MY ROOM!"

The Adrian McEvancook coughed, slightly embarassed. "So I have been told. Am I so glad to meet my biggest fan," he said, winking. "We have plenty of time to catch up, but first things first. Your last and final task awaits in that room. You'll know for yourself what to do, when you go there." 

"No no no no, I want to sit and talk to you all day," Julie said, dreamily.

Adrian laughed. "No wonder he likes you," he said, softly.

Julie didn't catch what he said, and asked him to repeat. 

"I said, go now."

Synthia asked Julie what she was waiting for and dragged her to that room, but when she opened it, she wasn't expecting what she saw.