Twins!

Your foot tapped against the shiny floor of the doctors office as your teeth jittered a bit out of nervousness. You placed both your hands on your huge pregnant stomach, feeling the baby kick.

Dan looked up from his phone to smile at you and kiss your temple to try to calm you down. You gave him a shy smile as you watched the women walk in and out with their husbands. Pure happiness filled the room as it radiated off their bodies.

"I hope it's a boy," Dan smiled as he put away his phone. You chuckled as you removed one of your hands from your stomach to hold his hand. "I have a feeling it's a girl." You winked at him, he then kissed your lips.

"Mr and Mrs Howell?" The nurse called out as you both stood up. You struggled a bit but once you were standing you were fine. The nurse gave you both a warm smile as you felt Dan's hand on your lower back.

Once you got in the room, the nurse introduced herself as she asked you all the medical questions and about your medical history. You laid on the table that had a slight incline so you could somewhat sit up.

The nurse lifted up your shirt halfway before putting on her rubber gloves. "First sonogram?" She kindly asked as she brought out the cool gel. "It's a bit cold." She smiled as she squirted a small amount of gel on your stomach. "Yes it is, we're very excited but nervous." Dan spoke up as you watched her get the wand out. "It's very exciting!"

She placed the wand on your stomach as she moved it around. The room became silent as she studied the monitor. Dan grabbed your hand as he was sitting right next to you. He watched another monitor that was bolted to the wall as he couldn't see the one that you were next too.

She began to press buttons until she finally spoke up, a huge smile was spread across her face. "Your both going to be wonderful parents to your twins!" She cheered as you and Dan both gasped. "Twins!?" Dan stood up from his chair as he kissed your forehead. "How the hell am I suppose to push them out!?" The comment you made, made them both laugh as you were still shocked.

"Would you like to know the genders?" She moved the wand lower down your stomach. You nodded as your grip on Dan's hand became stronger. "A boy and a girl!"

This time, you cheered as you began to cry happy tears. Dan also began to tear up as he hugged your upper body. The nurse hit a button, which the sound of beating hearts filled the room. You cried harder as you felt a paper towel on your stomach as the nurse cleaned the gel up.

Seconds later, the printer in the corner of the room began to make noises as she walked over. She handed you a black and white picture of your beautiful unborn children.

You couldn't help it as you got off from the chair, hugging the nurse

You couldn't help it as you got off from the chair, hugging the nurse. She chuckled in surprise, but then she escorted you back to the waiting room. Dan brought you into a bear hug while some people awwed. Soon after, you both drove home, very excited to tell your parents and family.