Chapter 175

Twenty one hours later we were landing in Sydney.

Gracie and Ender had been really good during the flight, neither of them making a sound unless the flight attendant was asking them what they wanted to drink, or they needed to use the restroom.

We de-boarded the plane and I held onto both Ender and Gracie's hands as we walked through the airport to baggage claim.

I was completely aware of photos being snapped of me by teenage girls and finally made it to baggage claim where I saw Ann and Brad, one of the security guards, waiting for me.

"Hi!" Ann said excitedly when she saw us and came over to hug me. "Oh my gosh you're so tiny!"

"It's so good to see you!" I hugged her back.

"How was your flight?" She asked.

"Long, but it's over now." I laughed.

"Well let's get your suitcases and get you home, you must be exhausted." She patted my stomach twice and we went over to wait for our luggage.

We had two large suitcases and Brad lifted them for us, airport workers taking them out to the van before we left baggage claim and made our way outside.

"Carter! Carter!" The voices of paparazzi and fans called at me but I kept my head down and held onto the kids hands before hurriedly getting them and myself into the van.

We pulled away from the curb and I let out a breath. That part always made me anxious.

I pulled my phone from my bag and took it off airplane mode, dialling Ashton.

"Hey babe!" He answered on the second ring.

"Hi." I smiled.

"How was your flight?"

"It was good."

"Did you walk around every hour like the paper said?"

"Yes I did." I laughed lightly.

"How did the kids do?"

"They did really well." I reached over to poke Gracie's cheek who squirmed in her car seat.

"So where are you now?"

"I'm in the van with your mom, and we are on our way back to the house."

"Good. I miss you like crazy already, Car."

"I miss you too." I smiled into the phone.

"I miss Daddy!" Gracie tapped my arm.

"Gracie says she misses you too."

"Aw, give her a hug for me." He chuckled.

"I will."

"Okay, well let me know when you get back to the house and I'll FaceTime you tonight."

"Alright."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and and texted Ari that I would be home shortly.

"So how have you been feeling about having the baby, Ashton's told me you're pretty scared?" Ann patted my leg.

"Yeah, I'm bit anxious, but I've been reading a lot on what to do once the baby is here, and I know I have a lot of people to help me."

"That's wonderful. Believe me, I know it's terrifying, but the feeling of holding your baby for the first time is worth all of the stress, fear and tears."