Chapter 141

I felt little hands pushing on me and I fluttered open my eyes to see Gracie sitting next to me.

"Mommy, cuddle."

I nodded tiredly and sat up so I could bring her close and then heard Ashton speak from across the room.

"Gracie, I told you to let Mommy sleep."

I looked to my left to see him walking out of the bathroom.

"But I want cuddle." She turned and looked at him with her bottom lip poked out.

"She's fine." I said, bringing Gracie into my lap. "What time is it?"

"Ten." He said, coming to sit next to me.

"Oh." I yawned and then wrapped my arms around Gracie who looked up at me, reaching up to touch one of my curls.

"Mommy you give me kiss?" She asked me and I kissed her nose, a smile coming to her lips.

"It's bed time." Ashton scooted over and went to take Gracie but she let out a whine.

"I wanna sleep with Mommy."

"Well I want to sleep with Mommy too." Ashton said back and I shook my head.

"Both of you can sleep with me, come on."

Ashton laid down and Gracie snuggled between us.

"Where's Ender?" I asked as I laid back down.

"He went across the hall to play video games and fell asleep, I didn't want to move him." Ashton said.

"Ah."

"Mommy I want goodnight kiss." Gracie said from between Ashton and I, and I leaned in to give her a kiss, Ashton doing the same.

"Goodnight sweetheart." I said and felt Ashton reach his arm around the two of us.

It wasn't hard to fall asleep again and I awoke to movement on the bed, opening my eyes to see Ashton getting up.

I watched as he stretched his back and neck before walking to the bathroom. A minute later he came out and his eyes landed on me.

I gave him a sleepy smile that he matched and then sat up carefully as to not wake Gracie while I watched him walk over to start the coffee maker.

I got out of the bed and took the blanket from the other bed before wrapping it around myself like a cape and went to sit on the sofa, waiting until Ashton came over with two cups of coffee.

He sat down next to me and I leaned into his side, hearing him chuckle.

"Morning." I looked up at him.

"Morning." He leaned down so we could share a kiss, and I could feel the scruff on his face tickle my skin.

"Someone needs to shave." I hummed as I bumped my nose against his cheek.

"I know. I've been waiting until you come back because I need you to get the back of my neck."

I took a sip of my coffee and he turned on the television, keeping the volume low.