Chapter 139

The next morning I forced myself out of bed to get ready and make myself some coffee to keep myself caffeinated.

I sat at the bar and scrolled through my Instagram to see pictures of Gracie with her new puppy, Sprinkles.

They had bought a pink collar for her and Ashton had shared a photo of Gracie curled up asleep in her bed with the puppy snuggling with her.

Ender was now excited to meet the new puppy and I hoped it wouldn't become a problem between him and Gracie if she had her puppy and he didn't.

Ender came downstairs where we had breakfast together and then went out to the shop, both of us in matching tees, except I had Ashton's hoodie around my waist because the air had a bit of a chilly breeze today.

After checking the radar Ender went up to the counter and began to take out the receipts and went up behind him and put my arms around his shoulders.

"Why don't you call Ashton." I said and he took out his phone and called Ashton.

"Hey, End! What's up!" Ashton answered cheerfully.

"It's me and Car, we just wanted to talk to you." Ender said.

"Hey Car!" I could literally hear his smile.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Well I'm missing you two like crazy, so is Gray. She was asking when her big brother was coming back earlier when I was giving her a bath."

"Aw." I smiled and squeezed Enders shoulders. "So how was your day with her?"

"Good. We went to an indoor play place for kids where she ran around and had some play time with kids her age. And then we took Sprinkles to the vet and got her shots where Gracie cried because she didn't want Sprinkles to be sad." He said and Ender and I laughed. "And then we had dinner with Calum and then had bath time and now she's asleep next to me and Sprinkles is...chewing on my slippers. No, Sprinkles! Stop that!"

Ender and I laughed again.

"Aw, well did you give her a bedtime kiss from me?" I asked.

"I did." He said. "She's missing you bad, Car. She asks me every ten minutes how much longer until you come back."

"Oh, I miss her too. I don't think i'll be able to let her go when I get back." 

"Well I don't think I will be able to let you go when you get back."

I chuckled.

"You guys are weird." Ender said but I just kissed his cheek.

"You should be happy we act like this. A lot of children don't have parents who love each other like Ashton and I do."

"That's right. So when she and I are being all lovey dovey with each other just remember it's because we really love each other."

"Mhmm." I squeezed Enders shoulders.

"Yeah." Ender smiled up at me.

"So what are your plans for today?" Ashton asked.

"Well we've got six tours and then I'm going for final dress fittings for Ari's wedding."