Chapter 120

I honestly didn't know what else to do but cry.

Tears flowed down my face relentlessly as Ashton held me in his arms, tears and sniffles coming from him as well.

For the rest of my life I will never forget those words coming out of Ashton's mouth, the words that told me that our daughter might be taken away from us and that she might live with someone else.

"What are we going to do?" I sobbed into his neck.

"She'll take the test and then we'll see. And if it's positive then we'll get a lawyer and fight for her."

"What if she leaves? What if-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because my cries cut it off.

"We won't let that happen okay. We won't."

I went to say something else and inhaled, causing me to hyperventilate.

"Breathe, Car." Ashton said I wasn't able to, I could only cry harder.

My head dropped to his chest where I continued to melt down.

"If you don't calm down you're going to have another seizure." He said but I didn't even care, how could I possibly care about myself at a time like this.

"Ashton." I cried into his shirt and he shushed me, trying to settle me down.

"She won't leave. She's ours okay. She will always be ours." He spoke to me but I could feel his anxiety and fear and it made me even more scared than I already was.

For some reason my tears just wouldn't stop, and from the seizure and my now crying I exhausted myself and collapsed into Ashton's arms.

He laid me down on the bed and wiped the water off my face before laying down next to me.

"How are we going to tell the kids?" I asked him.

"Let's not say anything until we get an answer on the test. There's no need to worry them right now."

"How will we explain this to Gracie?"

"I don't- I don't even know." He sighed. "I know this is something we never expected to happen and it definitely doesn't come at the best timing, but we will get through this okay. But right now you have to get better so you can be there for Gracie."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I'll schedule the test for tomorrow and take her."

I nodded again.

We spent a little more time in solitude before we got a text that Harry had offered to take both kids back to the hotel while the guys came in to talk to us and we agreed.

Soon the door opened and they walked in, all solemn and upset as well.

Luke and Calum sat down and began researching lawyers and custody laws while Michael sat with us, trying to assure us that everything would be fine.

Ashton set up the DNA test for the next morning and the nurse came in to sedate me because I couldn't sleep.

I was a mess, and I felt like I would be for a long time.