Chapter 114

"Ender be careful, please!" I called out to the boy who was doing tricks on his skateboard, almost running into Gracie who was sitting on the ground playing with her toys.

It was a nice day outside and I decided to let the kids get some fresh air before the show tonight in Osaka.

We had moved hotels last night (again) and arrived at the new stadium this morning.

I leaned against a brick wall as I watched the kids while simultaneously reading a book on how to raise teenagers.

"Hey there you are." I looked up when I heard Ashton's voice and saw him coming outside. He walked over to me and bent down to kiss me.

"How's your book?" He asked. He was the one who had ordered it for me.

"Good. You're reading it next right?"

"Yup."

"You still get to give him the sex talk you know." I pointed out.

"We never agreed who would do that." He shook his head.

"Well, I'm telling you that you get to do it and
you will agree." I smiled up at him cheekily and he rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm reading about fluctuating attitudes right now."

"Oh, a topic you're familiar with." He teased and I reached up to smack his arm.

"Don't be rude."

"See what I mean." He poked fun again and I was about to make a sarcastic retort when I was interrupted.

"Dad, come watch this new trick!" Ender called out to Ashton and all of us froze.

We turned to look at Ender who looked shocked himself and I saw his eyes begin to well up before he took off running across the field.

"Take Gracie inside, I'll handle this." Ashton said and began to follow Ender.

I picked up Gracie and her toys before walking her inside and to our dressing room where she sat on the floor and continued to play while I sat on the sofa trying to register what happened.

Ender had actually looked at Ashton and called
him "dad".

Yes, Ender had mentioned Ashton being like his dad several times but had never called him that to his face.

And I think what hurt me about all of this was that Ender ran off. I didn't know what Ashton was going to say or how he was going to handle it.

I sniffled and wiped under my eyes where tears had spilled.

"Mommy?" Gracie ran up to me, looking confused. "Mommy you sad?"

For some reason this only made me cry harder and I heard her run off.

"Mommy crying." I heard her voice again moments later and I looked up to see her dragging a confused Harry into the room by his hand.

She led him over to the sofa where I was and Gracie climbed up next to me to try and hug me while Harry hesitantly placed his hand on my shoulder to attempt comfort as well.