Chapter 101

Ashton's PoV:

Looking over to my left I saw Carter and Ender looking out the airplane window. Her arms were around his shoulders and her head was rested on his.

After all of the concern I had about her leaving home, she was doing okay.

"Daddy, I want see Mommy." Gracie said from next to me, trying to get out of her seat but I had her strapped in.

"Once they turn off the seat belt sign you can go see her." I told Gracie who nodded up at me.

"We on airplane!" She bounced happily in her seat and I laughed.

"I know! Do you like airplanes?"

"Mhmm." She nodded and then hugged Mr. Carrots and Baby Bear against her.

We waited for a few more minutes until the pilot turned the seatbelt sign off and I unbuckled Gracie who ran over to Carter.

"Mommy!" She climbed up in her lap and gave her a kiss.

"Hi!" Carter laughed.

"Daddy said hold Baby Bear and he won't be scared."

"Yeah, just like how Daddy held you when we were at the airport so you wouldn't be scared." Carter moved her hand up to touch Gracie's cheek.

"Daddy silly." Gracie laughed.

"What? I'm silly?" I reached across the isle to tickle her and she moved away giggling.

"Yes, Daddy you silly."

"I think you're silly."

"No!" She shook her head, laughing away as Carter and I both smiled at her.

"Hey Gracie, come here and sit with me." Calum said from behind us and she slid off Carters lap and went to the row behind to see Calum.

"Uncle Caly!" She hung her arms around his neck and hugged him. "I love you."

"You love me?" He chuckled. "I love you too."

"Mwuah!" She kissed his cheek and Calum grinned at her before kissing her cheek back. "We cuddle now!"

Gracie turned herself around in Calum's lap and he put his arms around her.

"Ashton, Carter, I'm stealing your child."

"Nope." We both said simultaneously.

Carter leaned back in her seat and put her head against the head rest, turning it to the side to look at me, sending me a pretty smile.

"Love you." I mouthed to her.

"Love you too." She mouthed back, sending me a wink.

The flight attendant came by and took our drink order and the more I watched Carter the more I could see her relaxing.

I got an apple juice for Gracie and poured it into her sippy cup but when I turned around to give it to her she was busy sitting in Cals lap watching something on his phone, the two of them sharing headphones.

Catching Calum's attention I passed it to him and he handed it to Gracie.

I turned forward and pulled out my phone to put my headphones in and listen to some music when Carter came across to sit in Gracie's seat.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey. How you doing?"

"Good." She continued to smile at me. "Can I listen?" She nodded to my phone.