Chapter 180

School started two weeks after Ann left and that time seemed to fly by. We were getting Brooklyn in a routine, and he seemed to be getting more active as well. Ashton and I got used to sleeping whenever Brooklyn slept and also bought the strongest coffee our grocery store sold.

A few days before school started, Ashton and I took Gracie up to the school to register her for kindergarten since she'd be starting her first year in school.

Ashton had made a file folder with all of her records and birth certificate and social security number so we wouldn't miss anything.

The four of us drove to the school and I had Ender and Gracie sit in the front office on the sofa while me and Ashton who was holding onto Brooklyn, walked up to the front desk.

"Oh Carter, it's so nice to see you!" Mrs. Betty hugged me.

"Hi. It's good to see you too." I hugged her back.

"And who is this?" She asked, looking over the counter at Brooklyn.

"Um this is Brooklyn." I smiled.

"Are you babysitting?"

"No, he's mine. I just had him a few weeks ago?" I bit my lip.

"Oh I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations! He is precious!" She beamed.

"Thank you." I laughed.

"So what can I help you with?"

"We need to register Gracie for kindergarten." I nodded to the little girl sitting on the sofa.

"Okay, I'll call the registrars and they will get you right in." She smiled and went for the phone.

Ashton and I went to the sofa to sit next to the kids when Brooklyn became a bit fussy so I took him to go change his diaper in one of the restrooms.

I was on my way back to the front office, cooing at the little baby in my arms when I heard my name being called.

Looking up I saw a face I hadn't seen in a long while: Wyatt.

"Hey." I said as he walked up to me.

"I haven't seen you around here for a while. Coming back to coach the team?" He grinned as he approached.

"Yeah, I went on the road with Ashton for a little while then came home. And no, I don't think I'll be coaching anytime soon." I laughed.

"Ah, and who's this?" Wyatt looked down at the baby.

"This is Brooklyn." I smiled.

"He looks like you." Wyatt laughed.

"Well he is my son so I would hope so." I chuckled and Wyatt froze.

"Wait, he's your son? You had a baby?"

"Yeah. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about six months along, but here we are." I smiled down at Brooklyn.

"Six months...so you were pregnant when you were coaching our team?"

"Yeah. I was like two-three weeks along."

"Oh my gosh we were so rough on you, we didn't hurt him did we?" He looked panicked.

"No, he's perfectly healthy." I laughed.

"Good. So what are you doing here at the school?"

"We came to register Gracie for kindergarten." I smiled, feeling Brooklyn's hand at my chest. "What is it, sweet boy?" I kissed his face before looking back up.