Chapter 152

Ashton's PoV:

Movement on the bed stirred me from my sleep and I creaked my eyes open to see Ender climbing up into my bed.

"What is it, End?" I asked him.

"It's raining." He said and I nodded before allowing him to lay with me.

I put my arm around him so he'd feel safe and then the two of us went back to sleep.

The alarm went off in the morning and I reached over Ender who was pressed against me so I could turn it off and then get out of the bed so I could take a shower.

Once I was showered and dressed I went out to the room to make some coffee and then sit in front of the television so I could watch the morning news.

That seemed to be my habit now ever since I became a father. I wanted to know what was going on in the world.

All it was was politics and major news stories about good samaritans or crimes, but soon it came to celebrity news and my heart clenched in my chest a bit as video of my fiancé and Harry walking into a restaurant played before me on the screen.

"Your big headlines in celebrity news today." The news anchor began. "The big story right now; Harry Styles, the One Direction member has a new woman in his life. The girl fans are freaking out about is Carter Chase, the fiancé of Ashton Irwin who is in the band 5 Seconds of Summer. Chase and Irwin were recently in a custody battle against their adopted daughters biological father which made headlines across the globe, and Harry Styles was at both days of the hearings. There has been speculation that Carter and Ashton have ended their engagement and that Carter is now seeing Harry, but neither of them have commented. But last night in Los Angeles after flying in on Harry's private jet, Harry and Carter went out on the town for dinner at a top L.A. restaurant, and Harry got protective of her as you can see in this video," It switched frames to show a guy grabbing onto Carters arm and Harry shoving him off before pulling her away.

"A fan got a bit too excited and grabbed onto Carters arm, which Harry did not seem too happy about and pushed the guy away, telling him to not touch her. Sources at the restaurant say Harry and Carter had a private room to dine in, and Harry apparently requested roses be on their table when they arrived. Carter Chase and Ashton Irwin are apparently still set to walk the red carpet together at the Teen Choice Awards this Friday night, where Harry Styles will also be in attendance."

It then panned back to the two anchors sitting at their desk talking.

"Carter Chase has posted photos of herself with Harry on her Instagram but has only mentioned him as her best friend, and Harry who is apparently not one for posting personal photos, shared one of himself, Carter, and a dog they apparently adopted together." The woman said.

"So do you think Ashton and Carter will walk the red carpet together, or will she walk with Harry?" The other anchor asked her.

"There's been a few rumours that Carter will be attending the MET gala with Harry, but nothing is confirmed, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see John."

They then moved onto a different segment and I finally let out the breath I had been holding in.

I knew she wasn't cheating, but I also had the raging suspicion that Harry liked her as more than a friend.

I shook it off and then went to grab my laptop to check email and saw that Amanda, the photographer who had taken our engagement photos, had sent me a link to them.