Chapter 167

One week.

Never in my life had I imagined so much could happen in one week.

Seven days.

The life I was living seemed to have crashed and burned in only seven days.

My night in the Irish countryside with Harry had been perfect, but little did we know that it would cause all hell to break loose.

Photos of us that night had been spread all over every tabloid and news sight, the rumours worse than ever.

Management had made me a twitter and I had to release a statement that said 'I am in a very happy and committed engagement with my fiancé Ashton. He is the only man I am involved with and I apologise if I gave anyone the impression that that was not the case.'

Harry's rep had to release a statement for him too that said 'Harry and Carter have a simply platonic relationship. There is nothing to say because nothing is happening between them.'

But this wasn't enough.

We were like criminals on trial.

People were burning us on social media and in the news and there was nothing we could do. We could deny and deny all we wanted but no one believed us.

Then it got better. There was a day where it was less and I was beginning to believe the words Ashton force fed me that it would "get better"...and then it happened.

The next morning, all of my personal messages between Harry, Ashton, and anyone else were front page news.

Someone had hacked into my icloud account and shared all of it.

That's when I broke down.

Never had I felt so violated and used. My privacy had been breached. And despite the fact that there was nothing incriminating in my messages because I was innocent, I still felt like I couldn't trust anyone.

I never knew people could be this cruel.

While I was trapped in my own world of self pity and misery, everyone else around me was trying to fix the damage that had been done.

Michael restored my icloud account and changed all of my passwords so this hopefully wouldn't happen again.

Luke and Becca took to twitter to bat off all of the people coming at me with brooms, pitchforks, and torches ablaze.

Calum had stepped up to handle the duties I did daily such as cook, clean, and manage the kids and dogs.

And then there was Ashton.

The days of the media raking me over the coals were tough on him too. He had to handle his part of damage control by saying the rumours were false and then work with the press team to find ways to get me back in a good light.

Those days he had just been annoyed and frustrated with everything but sweet to me, telling me it would blow over and soon people would stop.

And then my accounts had been hacked and my personal life was posted on every news source.

Then he was pissed.

He screamed on the phone to his publicity agent, yelling for them to take it all down and fix this mess.

I think this was the point where he realized there was nothing he could do.

So he let everyone else take care of the mess, and decided to take care of me: the root of the problem.

To say the least, I was a mess.

I hadn't left the bus in days.

All I did was lay in my bunk and sleep or stare at the ceiling. Ashton brought me food but I didn't feel hungry, and when I did eat I ended up throwing it all back up.