Chapter 177

"Gracie! Ender! Come help me!" Ashton's voice echoed through the house and I knew he was home from the grocery store.

I then heard the pounding of feet down the stairs and the excited voices of my kids.

I sat up and sighed before stepping out of bed and putting on my slippers before walking out of the bedroom and into the living room.

Ashton and the kids were putting away the groceries in the kitchen and I walked in to join them.

"Mommy!" Gracie smiled when she saw me and Ashton whipped around to look at me.

"Bed." He pointed back at our bedroom.

"I'm fine." I rolled my eyes.

"No. The doctor said you need bed rest the last weeks of the pregnancy because you're underweight and burning twice as many calories because you're carrying a boy. So go back to bed." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Five minutes." I said and he sighed before stepping aside so I could walk past him.

Of course my slipper chose this moment to slide on the wood and Ashton grabbed my elbow to yank me back up before I could fall. He gave me an "I told you so" look before letting me continue.

I hugged Gracie around her waist, kissing her cheek.

"Hi, baby girl."

"Hi, Mommy." She laughed.

"What have you been up to, today?"

"Ender and I make pictures for baby." She smiled up at me.

"That's very sweet."

Ashton put some cereal in the cabinet and then threw the bags away.

"Okay Gray, lets walk Mommy back to bed." He said to Gracie and I rolled my eyes as he began to lead me away.

"It's boring being in there all by myself." I pouted as he walked me to the room, his hands on my arms to make sure I wouldn't fall.

"I know. I can work in there to keep you company if you want me to?" He offered.

"Please?"

When we reached the bedroom I got in bed and Ashton went to get his laptop so he could do his emails and such.

I was laying there feeling the baby kick inside me and rubbing my hand on my stomach.

"Please stop kicking me. I know you're here." I whined and heard Ashton chuckled next to me.

"Calm down, bud. Let your Mum relax." He reached over and placed his hand on my stomach.

I looked over at him to see him looking at his laptop, scrolling through his email.

"Baby your interview came out today." He moved his thumb back and forth on my stomach.

"Oh let me read."

He moved the laptop between us so we could both read it.