Chapter 178

Ashton held our baby as I was cleaned up, changed, and taken care of.

I watched as Ashton slowly walked around the room, holding the baby in his arms and saying things to him, a smile never leaving his lips.

I was given a blanket because I was shivering and then I was brought in a cup of tea and some toast since I hadn't eaten anything in fourteen hours.

The nurses took the baby from Ashton again to do a few more things and we took this opportunity to eat and drink before our little boy was placed back in my arms.

"He's so tiny." I whispered as I stroked his little cheeks.

"He has your nose." Ashton said, touching the little guys nose.

"And your lips." I let my finger travel down to his mouth. "He has your eyes too. Handsome hazel eyes."

"He's so perfect." Ashton pressed a kiss to my temple.

I watched as our little boy moved and his hand appeared from under the blanket.

I placed my finger in front of his hand and he touched my finger, his little tiny fingers wrapping around mine.

"Aw, hi. You are so cute, yes you are." I giggled and his fingers moved around mine.

There was a knock at our door and Ashton said it was okay to come in, Ann's head poking into the room. She had gone to bring the kids.

"Can we come in?" She asked and we nodded, Ann bringing Gracie and Ender into the room.

They all walked up to the bed, looking at the baby that was in my arms.

Ashton picked up Gracie so she could see the little baby, her eyes going wide.

"Does he have a name yet?" Ender asked and Ashton and I looked at each other before I nodded.

"We would like to introduce you to Brooklyn James Irwin." I smiled, looking down at my beautiful baby boy.

"James, like dads name?" Ender asked and I nodded.

"Oh that's so sweet." Ann fawned.

"It was Ashton's idea." I said and she patted her blushing son on the back.

I brought my gaze down to Brooklyn, my fingers messing with the little blue hat that was covering his head.

"Why is he so small?" Gracie asked and we all laughed.

"Because he was just born. You were that small when you were born too." Ashton told her with a smile.

"How old is he?" She asked.

"About three hours old." Ashton replied, hugging the little girl.

She gasped at that and we laughed again.

"He's my brother?" Gracie asked again and I nodded up at her. There was no point in telling her that he really wasn't. Technically he was like her third cousin or something like that, but Gracie was a daughter to me, and Brooklyn was going to be her little brother, blood aside.

"Yup, this is your little brother." Ashton kissed her cheek and she smiled.

"Can I play with him? We could have a tea party." She smiled and Ashton laughed.

"Well, he needs to stay with me and Mommy right now and the nurses so we can take care of him." Ashton told her and she nodded, still smiling.

Ann held Brooklyn for a little bit, cooing at the precious little boy, until he started crying, signalling he needed something.