Chapter 137

Ashton's PoV:

I woke up with Gracie's bony knees moving over my side and opened my eyes to see Michael standing next to me.

"Dude we gotta go in like ten minutes." He said and I sat up to see the alarm saying 5:50 am.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath and leaped out of the bed. "Gracie go brush your teeth." I scooted her towards the bathroom.

She stepped up onto her stool to reach the sink and began to brush her teeth while I scrambled around to find us both clothes and get our bags together.

I rushed to get dressed, brush my teeth and hair and spray on some cologne while Michael helped me get Gracie dressed and put her hair in a pony tail.

Today we were going on a morning show to do a television interview and we'd be getting our hair and outfits chosen once we got to the studio but I still needed to look like a dad and have my daughter in real clothes.

"Okay, come on baby let's go." I ushered Gracie along, her blankey and Mr. Carrots in her hands.

I got her into her car seat in the SUV downstairs and then we were off towards the station.

"You look like hell." Calum commented.

"I didn't sleep." I grumbled.

"Why?"

"Because I'm used to falling asleep with Carter and when she's not here I can't sleep." I sighed. "And then I have bony knees over here kicking me all night." I nodded towards Gracie who just grinned causing Calum to laugh.

"Silly." I tweaked Gracie's nose.

When we got to the studio I held Gracie's hand and walked her inside after waving at fans who were waiting outside.

We went to the dressing rooms where Becca was waiting and Gracie ran to give her a hug.

"Do you want to help me pick out your dress?" Becca asked Gracie who jumped up and down excitedly and the two went to look at Gracie's wardrobe choices while I went to the coffee.

I downed a cup in three seconds flat and then poured myself another before sitting down on the sofa, taking out my phone and seeing that Carter had been on our twitter and her Instagram.

One photo she posted was of Ender tying one of the ropes on the boat with the caption 'Back at work this week for spring holiday. Ready to be back on the water and give people the experience of a lifetime seeing some of the most beautiful reefs in the world.'

The next one was of her taken from the side while she had her wet suit hanging down from her waist, a bikini top covering her breasts and exposing her bruised up arms and legs that I had seen her with all the time during the summer. You could see her tattoo and it made me smile.

'Battered and bruised but having a blast.'

Then I got to the third one to see it was one of me and Gracie from a while back when we were playing at a park, me catching Gracie as she went down a slide.

'Missing these two dorks really bad. Wish they were home with us.'

I liked all of the photos and then went to twitter coming across a selfie posted by a fan account of Carter and Joey, her friend who worked at the pizza place.

'Carter and her childhood friend Joey.'

There was also a zoomed in photo of Carters tattoo.

'Carter has a red A tattoo on her side which stands for Ashton!'

I smiled at this and then went to my Instagram to share the video of Carter getting her tattoo and me laying in the chair getting mine.