Chapter 143

"Carter. Hey. Baby. Wake up."

My eyes fluttered open to see Ashton sitting in his seat next to me.

"We're about to land. Look out your window." He smiled widely and I turned my head to look outside to see the city of Paris glimmering in the dark outside my window.

Then my eyes landed on a landmark everyone in the world knew.

"Oh my God that's the Eiffel tower." I said and Ashton moved to look. "That's amazing."

"Incredible." He agreed and I felt him press a kiss to my head and had a feeling he was describing me and not the picturesque scene before us.

The flight was only an hour long but Paris was also an hour ahead, so I was a bit groggy and tried to wake myself up as Ashton put away my blanket and we prepared to land.

He and I disembarked the plane with Brad and Dave trailing along with us.

"I think you're really going to like our hotel." Ashton said as we caught a cab.

"Do I even want to go look at our bank statement?" I asked him.

"No." He shook his head and I rolled my eyes before getting into the back seat of the cab.

Ashton and I held hands on the car ride to wherever our hotel was and I stared in awe at the beautiful and romantic city surrounding me.

"I never in a million years ever thought I would actually get to go to Paris." I whispered but Ashton heard me and slipped an arm around my shoulders to squeeze.

"I'm glad you're happy."

"You always go above and beyond to make me happy." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

After awhile of driving around we pulled up in front of what looked like a very nice hotel.

A man came and opened my door and one did the same for Ashton, my fiancé coming around to take my hand as the bellhop placed our luggage on a cart.

"Lets check in." Ashton walked me inside and to the managers desk where Ashton gave him our name.

"Ah, yes, Mr. and Mrs. Irwin we've been expecting you, please, right this way." The young man said with a French accent, wide eyes, and a plastered on cheerful smile, and he led us to the elevator along with the bellhop and Brad and Dave.

"Right this way, Mrs. Irwin." Ashton grinned cheekily at me as we walked and I shook my head at him with a smile of my own as we stepped into the elevator.

I held onto Ashton's arm as we rode up to the 9th floor and the manager walked up to a door and used a key card to let us in.

"I hope everything is to your satisfaction, and if you need anything please let us know." He said as we walked in.

The bellhop set down our suitcases and Ashton pulled out his wallet to tip him before he left and the manager followed along with Brad and Dave to show them to their room.

The door closed leaving Ashton and I alone and I was able to take in the immaculateness of the space.

We were in just the living room it seemed. There were two bay windows on the far wall showing the lights of the city outside, and fancy furniture decorated the space.