Chapter 103

I woke up in a strange bed in a strange country but with very familiar arms around my waist.

When I looked at the clock I realised it was five in the morning.

I stretched in Ashton's hold and then reached over for my phone.

Noticing I had several messages from Ari I went to look at those, a state of confusion and curiosity settling over me as I read them.

'I really hate Ashton's ex!'

'Why is she so f**king rude?!'

'Like who the hell does she think she is?!'

I furrowed my eyebrows.

'What are you talking about?' I sent back to her and had a reply within twenty seconds of a link.

Pressing on it I was taken to Jenna Taylor's Twitter page.

'You never knew what it was like to be in love?'

'That's not what you said when you were with me.'

'You know she'll never be as good as me.'

'Stop saying you're married when you're not.'

'Whatever. Have fun screwing your whore of a gf. Hope you'll learn not to play with the sluts.'

I exhaled after I read the final tweet.

'Honestly I can't.' I texted Ari. 'I'm just so done.'

'I tweeted her back.' Ari texted me and then a heap of screen shots followed.

'After everything Carter has been through she deserves to find her happiness and she's found it with Ashton the same way he has found his with her. Why don't you stay out of their lives, stop harassing them, and get over yourself.'

'You can take your irrelevant ass somewhere else.' Jenna had tweeted back at her.

'I'll just take it to Ashton and Carters wedding instead.' Ari fired back.

I took a deep breath before replying to Ari.

'Thank you. I love you and miss you.'

Now not being able to sleep I sat up in the bed, looking at the tweets on my phone for a long while until I felt Ashton move next to me.

"Come back to bed." He mumbled into the sheets and I just gave him a half smile. "Why are you up?"

"Jenna went off on us on Twitter. I was just texting Ari about it." I told him and his eyes opened again and he sat up.

"Let me see." He yawned and reached for my phone. Ashton ran a hand over his face before reading the messages.

"For the love of God." Ashton sighed.

"Tell me about it." I breathed.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm just wondering when this is going to stop. I haven't done one thing to her yet she keeps going at us like its a war..." I shook my head.

"Well the more she keeps doing shit like this the more of an idiot she makes of herself."

"You're right." I sighed, then a question popped into my head. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course." He replied.

"Did you love Jenna?"