Chapter 148

"What's wrong? You look like you just saw a ghost." Harry said as he sat next to me and with a shaking hand I handed him my phone. "This isn't good." He said after reading it.

"Why does this always happen?" I whispered so Ender or Gracie wouldn't hear.

"I don't know." He whispered back. "I'm sorry."

"I mean, I was even wearing my engagement ring in the photo we took yesterday."

"That won't stop them from making up lies."

"I shouldn't even have to prove anything to them."

"Then don't."

"Well now I have to say something because it's obviously not true and if Ender finds out he's going to be devastated."

"Then talk to Ashton and figure out what to do." Harry said and I nodded.

Since we were already at Harry's house I decided to make dinner there with the kids, Harry helping me cook.

"Mommy, I like your food." Gracie said and she sat at the bar eating spaghetti with meatballs.

"I miss it when you cook too." Ender said and I smiled at the both of them.

"You do cook very well." Harry added.

As we ate dinner I got a text from Ashton.

'Going out with friends tonight.'

I sighed.

One, I thought we were going to have alone time tonight, and two, I wanted to talk to him about the rumours.

When we were done with dinner I began to clean up.

"Let's take some pasta home for Daddy." I said to Gracie and she nodded as she helped me clean.

I put the leftovers in a plastic container and then went to gather my things.

I said goodbye to Harry and Jupiter before getting in the car with the kids and having them take me back to the hotel.

When we arrived at our room I heard the sound of video games from the boys' room across the hall. I sent Ender and Gracie into our room before letting myself in across the hall to see Luke, Michael, and Calum sitting on the sofa playing on the playstation.

"I thought you guys were out with Ashton." I said and they paused the game before looking over at me.

"No he went out with some other people." Luke said nervously.

"Where did he go?"

"A bar." Michael squeaked out.

"And you didn't want to go to a bar?"

"Not right now. He's pissed." Calum spoke up.

"Why is he pissed?"

"Did you not see the article?" Calum raised his eyebrows.

"No I did. But it's obviously fake, so why is he pissed?"

"Because he thinks it's true."