Chapter 142

"So did you like it?" Ashton asked me once I closed the magazine.

"That was one of the sweetest interviews you've ever done." I said and he laughed. "Thank you." I leaned over and kissed him.

"Love you." He bumped his nose against mine.

We were then interrupted from our romantic moment by Gracie stepping up between us and putting her hand on my cheek.

"Mommy, its hot." She held up her hot chocolate to me.

"Okay, let me see." I took off the lid and blew on the drink for a few moments and then put the lid back on. "Try it now."

She took a sip and then smiled.

"Is it better?" I asked her and she nodded up at me with rosy cheeks and bright eyes. "Good. Go drink your hot chocolate with Ender."

She went back over to Ender and sat in the same chair as him.

"So you know how you said I should plan our engagement photos?" Ashton moved his chair closer to me so he could hold my hand in his lap. "Well I worked on that this week and I wanted to run over my plans with you."

"Okay." I smiled, tracing my fingers on his thigh.

"So we would be having two shoots, one in a hotel room and it's supposed to be like us in the morning where it's a little bit sensual and light and romantic. And then there would be a second one at night on the rooftop of the hotel where there will be lights and roses and a bit of a dramatic recreation of the night I proposed."

"That sounds sweet." I squeezed his hands.

"But I haven't told you the best part." He said and I raised my eyebrows at his secretive smile. "We would be doing the pictures in Paris."

"Paris?!" My eyes went wide. "Ashton won't that be really expensive?"

"We would just be buying the plane tickets and clothes. I've had photographers offer to take our engagement photos so I called them and told them my ideas and went with the one I liked best."

"Okay so when is this?"

"This weekend. I figured we could have a mini vacation, leave the kids with the guys for two days, and take our engagement photos."

"I think that sounds like a great idea." I smiled up at him.

"You really like it?"

"Yes. Ashton you are really creative and have amazing ideas that never fail to amaze me. This will be fun. I know you've put a lot of thought into this."

He smiled back at me and leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"Mommy, lets go play outside!" Gracie ran up to me.

"Okay, lets go." I stood up and lifted her in my arms. I held Gracie on one side and took Ashton's hand so he was on my other side, Ender next to him as we left the coffee shop.

There were a few paps out there still who began to follow us.

"Carter, where's your engagement ring?" One of them asked me and I rolled my eyes before flexing my fingers that were wrapped around Gracie's leg.