Chapter 129

Ashton's PoV:

"Um Ashton?" I heard Carter call out to me and I walked out from the bed area to see none other than my ex Jenna Taylor at the door.

Carter looked nervous.

"What are you doing here?" My eyes narrowed as I spoke to Jenna.

"I came to apologise." She shifted awkwardly, she was nervous too.

"Well it's not accepted so you can leave."

"Ashton." Carter looked at me with wide eyes.

"Carter she's been horrible to you!" I defended.

"It doesn't matter. Look, I don't know anything about the way you guys ended your relationship but I know it ended badly and I think you two need to talk whatever this is out because I'm done being in the middle of it."

"I don't want to talk to her." I shook my head.

"Well I want you to." She crossed her arms and looked at me like I wasn't even allowed to argue with her.

"This won't do anything."

"You'll never know until you try. Now go. I'll stay in here." She nodded towards the door and I hesitantly and unfortunately followed Jenna out into the hallway, the door closing behind us.

"This is stupid." I angrily muttered. "This won't help anything."

"Can you just hear me out?" Jenna asked and for the first time I looked at her, like really looked at her.

She looked exactly the way she did the day I broke up with her. Her brown hair tied back, her brown eyes sad.

"Fine." I sighed and leaned back against the wall.

"I really did come here to apologise to you. Ever since we broke up i've been so rude and bitter towards you and i'm sorry."

"Yeah, well." I scoffed.

"I am. I didn't understand why I was doing it at first, but I know now I was being that way because...I still love you."

My eyes went wide for a moment. I wasn't expecting this.

"Jenna its been two years...I think it's time for you to move on." I said awkwardly.

"I tried. But then I saw you were with someone and all of those feelings I had when we started dating came back and I just can't not think about you." She said, more emotional than I had ever seen her. "When I saw that photo of you two outside the hospital I thought she was a cousin maybe that you hadn't told me about, but then I saw the ones of you two at the zoo and you were kissing her and then you got engaged to her and I-"

"Jenna, I don't want to be rude here, but I'm in love with someone else. Whatever feelings you have for me are unrequited."

"But you used to love me?" She looked up at me hopefully.

"Jenna what we had, it wasn't love. It was unhealthy and toxic and we both deserved to be out of that relationship."

"I messed up so badly I know, but i've changed."

"That doesn't really matter anymore." I shook my head again. "I'm engaged to Carter. I'm happily engaged to her. Our time was over a long time ago, and you should move on."

"What does she have that I don't?" She asked as I was about to turn away.

"Don't torture yourself asking these questions."

"Please, I just, I need to know."

I looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath.

"You know, the first day I met Carter, she was in water sprayed clothes, had no makeup on, and her hair was in the messiest bun she could pull off, but she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She didn't even have to try. And I just knew, right then and there, before I had even said a word to her, that I was going to spend the rest of my life with her."