Chapter 168

I stayed in the back room for a few more minutes until I walked back out to the front of the bus where everyone was waiting.

"You alright?" Ashton asked when I walked in.

"Yeah." I smiled. "So what's the plan?"

"Well while you two were going at it like rabbits, we made cupcakes which are baking, and now we were waiting on you." Ari said and Ashton glanced at her in annoyance.

"I'm going to duct tape your mouth shut."

"And i'll duct tape your pants zipper shut."

Jason chuckled at this.

"No one is taping anyone's anything, now since there's not a show tonight, I suggest we go out." I intruded.

"There's a bowling alley a few blocks away, we could go there?" Michael suggested.

"That sounds fun!" I grinned. "We'll get changed, grab some dinner and then go."

Ashton and I changed clothes while Ari took out the cupcakes and iced them with Gracie.
She of course got frosting all over her so I changed her clothes and made Ender change as well before heading out.

We went to a small burger place for dinner where Gracie had her first hamburger and Ashton filmed her trying to eat it while I helped her hold it so she didn't drop it all over the floor.

After dinner we made our way to the bowling alley.

Ashton was grossed out by putting on the shoes but I told him to get over his fear so we could have fun. Ironic? I know.

Finally our group took a lane, getting ready to kick each other's asses.

It was cool to see Jason, Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton becoming close friends. It's like my two families had come together as one.

The boys were taking photos together while Ari and I sat to the side, our bowling not even started.

"So what did Harry say?" She asked me.

"Just that he missed me and was worried about me." I shrugged. "If he doesn't hear from me at least once a day he threatens to send out the search party."

She gave me a small smile.

"He's really taken a liking to you, huh."

"I guess. I mean he's one of my best friends."

"Have you told him about...you know who?" She asked and I knew she was referring to Cadwell.

"No." I shook my head. "There's just some things he doesn't need to know."

"What does he think about all this?" She waved her hands around in a circle.

"He seems unfazed by it but he's worried about what I think. I mean, he's used to the press and paparazzi but this isn't my world, Ari. I belong on a boat in Haven Harbour, not on a red carpet."

"Haven Harbour will always be your home Carter, but while it may have been hard and is still going to be hard, as much as I hate to say this, leaving home has been good for you. You've grown so much and have learned things you never would have if you stayed inside that island bubble. It's brought you out of your shell."