Chapter 128

The hospital room was freezing despite the fact I had my body pressed against Ashton's and Ender and Gracie laying on top of me.

"Mommy shaking." Gracie looked up at Ashton who was frowning.

"I know, she's cold. That's why you've gotta hug her to keep her warm." He told her and she hugged me tightly.

"Mommy you feel better?" She looked up at me.

"I do, thank you." I smiled at her.

Looking around the room I was surrounded by Ann, the boys, Ari and Jason, our lawyer Mr. Jackson, and Holly Baker.

I felt absolutely horrible because I immediately knew the moment I woke up from the seizure that my disorder would be used against us in the case, and Mr. Jackson only confirmed it.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." My head snapped over to the door when I saw a breathless Harry jog into the room. He was in what looked his pyjamas with a beanie over his curly hair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, a bit surprised by his attendance to what was apparently a big deal.

"Seriously?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"Excuse me." A woman's voice said and I saw it was my doctor from two weeks ago when I had the other seizure, Dr. Lisa. "Halle." She nodded at me. "I'm going to ask you to come with me for a few minutes."

"O-okay." I said, my eyes widening and I moved out from under Gracie and Ender.

"Can Ashton come?" I asked her.

"I'd really just like to talk with you privately for a moment." She gave me an apologetic smile. Immediately I was even more nervous than before.

I looked back at Ashton who looked panicked and then followed Dr. Lisa out the door.

She led me ten feet down a hallway before speaking.

"Halle, I'm very aware of how stressful of a time this is for you and your family, and I'd like to do everything I can to make this less difficult for you, and I'd like to start by re-diagnosing you."

"What do you mean?" I asked as we turned a corner.

"I believe you have dissociative seizures, but I think what you really have is epilepsy."

"But the doctors said I didn't have it." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I believe those doctors were looking to see if you had a stroke or meningitis, but it's the severe head injury that caused it. And add in the seizures due to stress, that makes for a very bad mix."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I'd like to put you on epilepsy medication and see how you do." She said and then paused. "But I'm curious as to if this is hereditary."

"I don't know if my parents had epilepsy."

"Well I'm concerned about Ender."

"You think Ender might have them too?" My heart sank.

"It's possible but that doesn't mean he does."