Chapter 26

Trixie's POV
So Hagrid told Harry that the First task involves Dragons, so he passed the message on to Cedric and myself, and I passed the message on to Fleur, today was also the day of the task and I had no idea what I was going to do, everyone else had some teacher to guide them, I've got no one due to Hermione being distant, along with Draco, Parkinson, Crabbe and Goyle, "Good day, champions. Gather round, please. Now you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate. What are you doing here Miss Granger?" Dumbledore said making me look to see her close to Harry.

"Sorry, I'll just go" She said and left, I sighed "Barty, the bag" Dumbledore said, "Champions in a circle around me. Miss Delacour, if you will" He said, Fleur stuck her hand in the bag and pulled out a mini-dragon, "Welsh Green. Mr Krum" Krum did the same, "Chinese Fireball. Mr Diggory" He did the same, "Swedish Short. Miss Riddle" I pulled out one, "Norwegian Ridgeback. Mr Potter" He pulled out the last one, "Hungarian Horntail. These represent five very real dragons each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your object is simple; collect the egg, this you must do for each egg contains a clue without it, you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?" Barty said.

"Very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory, at the sound of the cannon you may-" Dumbledore was cut off by Filch firing the cannon and he left, I was sat down playing with the miniature Norwegian Ridgeback, as one by the one the others did it, "Now, for our last Champion, Miss Trixie Riddle-Lestrange!" Dumbledore announced, I placed the miniature Ridgeback in my pocket before walking out, "Come on Trixie!" I heard Fred yelled, "Yes Trixie! You badass!" George yelled making me shake my head as I noticed the egg but no dragon.

I approached it with caution before the dragon land in front of me making me dive into cover as it breathed fire at me, I sighed and moved into a different piece of cover "Bombarda" I jinxed as I blew up a rock making the dragon go over to it giving me time to run towards the egg and pick it up, "Trixie behind you!" Fred yelled making me turn around to come face-to-face with the dragon, "Miss Riddle-!" Someone yelled but I cut them off by holding my hand up at them.

I slowly reached out and stroked it, "No way" Someone said, I smiled and laughed as it began to wag its tail, I left the arena and was met by Fleur and Krum, "Not bad for Voldemort's daughter" Krum sneered before walking off, "Ignore him. You tamed a Dragon!" She said as she placed a hand on my upper arm, I smiled as I got out the miniature Ridgeback and it flew around me before landing on my shoulder, "I was testing fate" I say making her laugh "I'm guessing you do that a lot" She said making me shrug, "I saw it as a challenge and I never back down from them" I say making her smile and shake her head, "You're a fun one to keep around" She said making me smile.