Chapter 27

Trixie's POV
"The Yule Ball has a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity" McGonagall explained, Gryffindor and Slytherin had to combine since Snape was 'unable' to teach us the dance, "As representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance" I was sat next to Parkinson, who stopped being distant when I passed the first task along with Hermione, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle.

"If anyone dances with Draco, I'll hex them" She warned making me roll my eyes, "Silence! The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single night, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Now to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight" She said and I scoffed as I looked over to the boys and saw George and Fred saying something.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley?" "Yes?" Ron answered, "Will you join me please? Now, place your right hand on my waist" She ordered, he did so and I wolf-whistled causing him to come for me but she stopped him making me chuckle, "Everyone on your feet" She said, all the girls, minus myself stood up eagerly, the boys took a little longer but after Neville stood up they followed.

Fred came over to me and held his hand out, "May I have this dance?" He asked, "Darling, I don't dance" I say, he rolled his eyes and pulled me up, "Of course you do" He said as he placed his hand on my waist, I sighed and put mine on his shoulder before we began dancing, "See. I told you, you do" He said, I smiled and stuck my tongue out at him, "Whatever" I say as it came to a finished, he bowed and I curtsied.

***

I was sat in the Great Hall with Ginny as Snape had her year, my year and the two years above potion class doing a test of some sorts, George and Fred was teasing Ron about not asking anyone to the Ball yet, George then threw a screwed up parchment at Angelina Johnson and asked her to the Ball, which she agreed to, I then noticed a flying object coming towards me so I caught I and looked in the direction it came from to see Fred smiling.

"Will you go to the Ball with me?" He whispered as he motioned it as well, I chuckled and nodded before returning to my work, "You make him happy, you know" Ginny whispered, I looked up at her raising an eyebrow, "He never shuts up about you during the breaks. Always asking if you're going to be coming" She explained, I looked down at my work smiling "And it looks like he makes you happy as well" She said and I nodded slightly before I got up and handed my work into Snape before leaving the hall.

***

It was the night of the Yule Ball and Hermione and Ginny had snuck me into Gryffindor, so we was able to get ready together, I had just finished styling Hermione's and Ginny's hair before they began mine, "So, who are you going with?" Hermione asked, "Neville" Ginny replied, "Fred. What about you little miss sneaky?" I asked, "You'll have to wait to find out" She said, I raised an eyebrow, "And done" She said, we all changed into our dresses, and looked at each other impressed, Ginny wore a light pink/green dress with small white heels, Hermione wore a pink/purple dress with small dark purple heel, and I wore a Royal blue dress with medium silver heels.

"Shall we?" I asked as I held my hands out to them both making them laugh as they nodded, we made our way our of the Gryffindor Common room and down towards the Great Hall, Ginny went ahead to meet up with Neville, I smiled towards Hermione as she poked her head around the corner, I took her hand and we walked down the stairs, Parvati Patil, Harry's date turned and stared at us with wide eyes, "They're beautiful" I heard her gasp, Krum came up to us and bowed at Hermione as he took her hand, she smiled at me as I let go of hers and was lead off by him.

Fred approached me with his jaw hanging making me chuckle, he bowed and kissed my hand, "Well, Miss Trixie you look stunning" He said as he straightened up, "Looking quite dashing, Mr Weasley" I say making him smile, "Trixie" McGonagall said before she lead us to the other Champions, Fleur smiled at me before giving me a hug, "You look Magnifique" She said as she pulled away, I smiled "Thank you, you look fantastic" I say, McGonagall line us up as everyone else was inside the Great hall, "Please don't let me fall" I whispered to Fred making him laugh, "Don't worry, I've got you" he whispered before the doors opened and we walked in.

We stood in the middle of the hall and prepared to dance, after the dance Hermione approached us "Trixie, would you and Fred care to join Viktor and myself?" She asked, I nodded and she smiled before leading us over to Krum who was at the refreshments table, "Viktor, this is Trixie and her date, Fred" Hermione introduced, he shook Fred's hand and looked down at me making me glare at him, "Do you have a problem?" I asked, "Minus the fact you're his daughter, no" He spat, my jaw clenched "Walk with me" Fred said as he lead me out of the Great hall and outside.

"You can rant now" He said, "How dare he?! Yes I maybe Voldemort's daughter! But I'm nothing like him!" I yelled, he raised an eyebrow and smiled "You good now?" He asked, I sighed and nodded, "Good, cause I now can do this" He said, "Do w-?" I was cut off by him cupping my face and kissing me, he pulled away and I smiled as heat rushed to my face, "Trixie Riddle-Lestrange I think I love you" He said, I was trying process everything, "Erm...Trixie?" He said before I grabbed his face and kissed him, he seemed shocked but kissed back before I pulled away.

"So does that mean you love me too? Or what?" He asked, I laughed "I love you too, Mr Weasley" I say making him smile, "So, would you agree to being my girlfriend?" He asked, I nodded making his smile widened as he pulled me into a hug, "Let's go back inside before people get worried" He said as he took my hand and lead me inside, I saw Hermione on the stairs, crying making my eyes as I ran over to, "Hermione, what's wrong?" I asked as I crouched down, "Ron's ruined everything" She sobbed, I pulled her into a hug and stroked her head.

"Ignore him" I say as I pulled away, I looked up to Fred "Can you take her back to the Common room?" I asked, he nodded and held out his hand to pull us up, "And tell Ron, to watch his back" I say making him nod, "I'll be sure to do so" He said before taking Hermione away.