Chapter 23

Trixie's POV
"Hey Lestrange. Did you have a good break?" Parkinson asked as we sat at the Slytherin table, I nodded "What about you?" I asked, she shrugged "Decent" She said, I nodded, "I'd like to make an announcement" Dumbledore said making everyone quieten down as Filch ran down the aisle before whispering something in Dumbledore's ear and running back out, I raised an eyebrow.

"This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guest as well. So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event; The Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who don't know the Triwizard Tournament brings together 3 schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests aren't for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their Headmistress; Madame Maxime" Dumbledore said as the doors opened and they came in.

"Holy shit" Crabbe said, "Damn. That's one big woman" Goyle said mentioning the Headmistress, I rolled my eyes as they finished and the guys were cheering and whistling, "And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Dumstrang and their high master; Igor Karkaroff" Dumbledore said and they came in making all the girls jaw drop, "Oh, it's Krum" Parkinson said in a daydream voice making me roll my eyes before something was brought up front.

"Your attention, please! I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That's what awaits the student who wins. But to do this, that student must survive 3 tasks. 3 extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this. Mr. Bartemius Crouch" Dumbledore said before the enchantment on the roof began thundering and was stopped by someone in the corner "Oh crap, it's Mad-eye Moody" I say, "Alastor Moody? The Auror?" Goyle asked, "Auror?" Crabbe asked, "Dark-wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him" I explained.

"After due consideration the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forward their name for the tournament. This decision is final" Crouch said, "Rubbish!" I heard the twins yell making my mouth twitch as most others joined in on the 'booing' and yelling "Silence!" Dumbledore bellowed causing everyone to shut up, "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name on a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night" Dumbledore explained before everyone began dispatching from the hall.

"Were you thinking on doing it?" Parkinson asked as the five of us made our way to the Common room, "Me? Why do you think that I would do it?" I asked, "It's a challenge and you like your challenges" She said making me smirk, "I was thinking about it, but I'm only 14 therefore it's a no go" I say as we entered the Common room and sat down, "Why not ask an older student to put you in?" Crabbe asked, I raised an eyebrow "And possibly be murdered by the tasks. No thanks, I choose life" I say making Draco scoff "That's not the Trixie we know" He said, I glared at him "Sorry Malfoy. Do I not reach your expectations?" I spat at him before leaving for my room.