The Everard Family [Series]

***Sweetlove this is another long chapter that you do not want to miss out on. Again I am listing all the books from this series and will give my two cents for them separately for now since they are not all complete, henceforth will combine them together once all the stories are complete. Saying that I also want to let you know that these books can stand alone and does not have to be read in order. But you will want to *wink*. Alright then without further ado please enjoy!. xx***

1. To Bewitch a Beast

Blurb:

"Whatever happens, Blair, I want you to always be reminded that you are the ruby of one Everard."

SHE IS THE GOVERNESS...

Agatha Blair has been with the Everards for nearly two years. She is plain and barely passes the category of pretty. And she is secretly in love with the boring, brooding brother of her wards.

HE IS THE LORD OF DEVONSHIRE...

Benedict Everard is the eldest of all the Everard children. His sisters call him the beast. And he secretly believes the governess is a bore.

A PAST...

Hers is dark, his is never talked about.

Still set in the fictional place of the Town, this first story of the Everard Family Series follows an unstoppable love that cannot, one that will test a fun and quirky family living in the affluent and wicked town of Wickhurst.

My two-cents: 

I started this right after finishing The Haverston Family series (see my post for the review on the). This story closely resembles Beauty and the Beast. It was romantic with plot twists. I loved Ben and Agatha. The twins! I cannot even begin with them. They made the story even more entertaining. And oh the Haverstons, I was feeling deprived of them. Let's move on to Levi now. Shall we?

Status: Completed

2. Charmer Beguiled 

Blurb:

"Are you suggesting I find her a husband?"

SHE HAS AN EVIL STEPMOTHER...

Nearly a spinster at twenty-eight, Lady Victoria Ashdown will do anything to defeat her conniving stepmother, even if it means finding herself a husband against the young, beautiful and talented women of Wickhurst. She would do what it takes with the help of her Everard friends, including Levi Everard himself.

HE WAS ONCE A CHARMER...

Levi Everard hid himself in his Standbury estate for three years for reasons he only knows. Now, he is back in town, no longer the charmer, but the man forced to find Victoria Ashdown a husband, for "friendship's sake", of course.

GOOD FRIENDS...

They thought they are until their first kiss.

Still set in the fictional place of the Town, this second story of the Everard Family Series will follow the developing love of two people so utterly different. With friendship, family and love at stake, the town of Wickhurst is once more engulfed in a scandal.

My two-cents: 

 There was a shocking element in this story. I loved how the author played with this societal topic which we even now feel ashamed to portray or acknowledge openly. I loved seeing that darker side of Levi made me seem more real. This story closely resembles Cinderella. In some parts, I was thinking Levi would become an inventor of some sort when he created the rain for Tori to dance in ahh that scene *squeals*. The Twins worked their magic again with their wits. Love them! This book also reveals the future prospects for this series for a lot of characters that got me way too excited. Let's move to see Margaret now. 

Status: Completed

3. Sleeping Engagement

Blurb:

"How difficult would it be to strike a short conversation with the man who had once been your entire world?"

SHE HAS A MISSION...

To be the only female member of the secretive League of Founders is challenging, but Margaret Everard has proven herself worthy. The League has become her life. Gone is the frail, naive girl who had her heart broken, replaced by the strong woman in a world of men who make it their mission to protect the Town. Now, Margaret finds herself face to face with the most difficult task yet: spy on the man suspected of murder, the same man who once broke her heart.

HE RETURNS WITH A SECRET...

Cole Devitt left Wickhurst an angry, vengeful man. He left not merely the friend who caused his sister's death, but also the sister of that same whom he had long ago vowed to marry. Now, he returns as the new Head of the Men of Courts of Wickhurst to continue an unfinished work, one that reeks of conspiracy. But being in Wickhurst means an encounter or two with the woman he once chose to leave for hate.

ONCE LOVERS...

Will their individual mission bring them together at last, or will it merely prove to them that their love is really never meant to be?

Still set in the fictional place of the Town, this third story of the Everard Family Series follows the journey of a strong woman and her quest to find a killer and perhaps, the closure to a love never forgotten.

My two-cents:

I honestly love the way this author writes. She has so much power to capture the reader with her words. One point I forgot to mention in the above two are that each book in this series so far starts off with some future characters reading a diary. This book shows the glimpse of who they are and how they are related to the plotlines. Also, shows the authors amazing talent to tie things together to flawlessly transition from one story to another while giving rise to another series. One could see that with Haverstons, Everard and now Tilbly (that I can see coming in the future). It was interesting to see the different viewpoint for some part of Levi's story through Meg's eyes. Again, the author brought in surprising elements. It was interesting to see how two of the societal topics were played with here. Flaws present: grammar and spellings as usual. However, there was also a small detail error here. The color of Meg's eyes was said to be blue unlike her other siblings but changed to green later on throughout the book. Just wanted to point that out. The twins did not really play a big role here. Again, amazing work the author did to loop the plot back around to bring in and tie all Haverstons, Everard and Tilbly. Not to mention the bandits for next story! So many interesting things to wait for. Let's meet one of the devils in Everard family, Ysabella. 

Status: Completed

4. A Lady's Guide to CourtshipBlurb: "A love not shown is more painful than a love rejected."SHE IS DETERMINED... The town of Wickhurst sees Ysabella Everard as a spoiled, rich young girl. What Ysa believes on the other hand is that she will someday get the man of her dreams and that is no other than the elusive rake William Hayward, the Lord of Wakefield. He also happens to be her brother's friend and the man she had been secretly writing letters to for years as Lady Weis, a letter that started in a foolish wager with a friend. But one problem is at hand: he does not know she is Lady Weis, the woman he has fallen in love with in letters.HE AVOIDS HER AT ALL COST... Wakefield has many rules, but one stands out the most: never dally with a friend's sister or relative, most particularly Ysabella Everard. As the sister of his friend, she is not to be touched at all cost. She has never been on his list from day one and he is quite determined to keep it that way. But years of her obsessive chasing and his desperate attempts to avoid it have not tired the woman at all. She has suitors she ought to focus her attention to and Wakefield cannot understand what she sees in him to waste her precious time over. He cannot be with her for many reasons and one of them was the fact that he was utterly in love, for the first time in his life, with one woman: Lady Weis.THE CHASE BEGINS... Her chase for the man she loves continues. His chase for the identity of the woman he is willing to sacrifice everything for begins. It is merely a matter of time for the truth to be revealed and how they face it has great potential for yet another Wickhurst scandal.Still set in the fictional place of the Town, this fourth book in the Everard Family series follows one heroine who is determined to win her game and her love for the man who might very well be her first ever failure.

My two-cents:

Just starting this. :) 

Status: Complete