Suit and Tie [Harry Styles AU]

Blurb:

Harry Styles. 24 years old. CEO. Self-made millionaire. He's New York's most eligible bachelor. Every man and woman within 100 miles knows his name. But no one really knows Harry. 

Norah Wilson. 22 years old. Fashion intern. Self-proclaimed mess. She moved from a small town in North Carolina to pursue her dreams in the fashion world. After graduating from NYU, she gets an internship at Vogue. Now she's trying to establish herself. 

Two worlds are going to collide, and two people are not ready for it.

My two-cents:

*** WARNING! WARNING! ENTER ON YOUR OWN RISK. LOTS OF CONCEITED, EGOISTIC, MEAN HARRY STYLES AHEAD. OH AND KISSING AND SEXY SCENES AS WELL. :) ***

This story waited patiently in my archive for three years to be mentioned here. Coincidentally, I read this after Fifty Shades of Grey back then. So I had both stories flowing within me at the same time, although this is less kinky-er than FSOG. I loved it the first time I read it and even after I finished re-reading it today. 

Things to keep in mind before entering this realm:

1. Totally erase the existence of ONE DIRECTION  for this story. Do not think about Harry, Louis, Nail, Liam, and former member Zayn as 1D, but as separate individuals. Trust me on that. It really helped me get into the depth of the plot when I read it today.  I'll save you from disappointment, there is also not going to be songs and dances from 1D. Like I said 1D doesn't exist for this!!

2. Since this story was completed three years ago, they are all young and baby-faced (I think they look more mature and smacking hot now), the band was still intact, Perrie was still engaged to Zayn and all that. Do not let the now clash past. You'll get hit with massive nostalgia. I also realized that I couldn't picture then Harry as this character at all, especially some parts. And the pictures of baby-faced Harry, up in the cover and throughout the story made me so uncomfortable picturing him in this character. 

I noticed my mindset back then and now has changed profoundly. I remember jumping into this story because of Harry Styles (I was crazy about 1D and still am), but this time, I went in thinking about the storyline. Like I said before there are surreal similarities with FSOG -- the bossy, young business tycoon-alpha male, the meek female that becomes putty in alpha male's hand, enterprise tower, the interview, and a vixen as a rival -- or maybe it is just me who picked it up because I loved FSOG. However, on the other side, there are other characters (rest of former 1D and secondary characters) that turn this plot into a unique one. I am just going to say Nail's entry was my favorite! There were lots of aspects that I loved here: the friendship and growing of relationships, prioritizing -- letting go of things to hold on to what is important in one's life. 

The author hands-down nailed alpha male on the mark. He was sexy, brutal, overly-possessive and downright arsehole at times. With the meek Norah, however, I was in conflict with myself. I liked her but at the same time, I hated her as well. She sometimes acts like stereotypical dumb blond that I wanted to smack her across the face. I would have liked to see her stronger, stand her ground a little.

It is an easy read but it also forced me to think about such situation from a realistic viewpoint. Would someone actually go through such relationships? Keeping their crazy money aside (I am baffled just thinking how can an intern/first year on job afford such expensive shoes and bags), I honestly thought there were many red flags in Harry and Norah's relationship, I didn't want Norah to go back to him.   

On the negative side of this story, Errors -- lots of them -- spellings, grammars, and details, that at times disoriented me from the timeline of the plot. I would strongly suggest going through the story to eliminate them.

Let me know what you all think of this whole new different shades of 1D. xx 

Status: Completed