The Haverston Family [Series]

***This one is going to be a long one. I am going to include all the books in this series and give my two-cents for all of them together. I am not sure how I want to distribute her other books yet because I have quite a few -- okay lot -- of books from this author. This is one of the best historical fiction authors here in wattpad whose work I have had the pleasure to read. These books do not have to be read in order and can stand alone but honestly, you'll want to read them all. Trust me. Okay, I'll stop my word vomit. Enjoy! xx***

1. The Lady Who Left

Blurb:

In a land not so far away, there lives a place that lives in the past.

THE LADY WHO LEFT IT...

Lady Cressida Belverst has always been judged as a walking scandal. Oh, how she tried on some rare occasions to be proper! Yet they never worked. She desires to find something the Town can never offer her: freedom and true love. She has had enough when her parents arranged her to be married to a man she barely knows. And so she will find a way out of the place that has kept away from modern civilization for centuries. But there is just one problem: no one has ever gotten out of the Town. Or so they think.

THE LORD WHO VOWED TO PROTECT IT...

Equally determined to not have Cressida as his wife, Lord Calan Haverston takes the risk and helps her, using his knowledge of the Town's secrets, one of which he learned the hard and painful way.

A NEW WORLD...

Cressida manages to go to a completely different place, one she has only heard in stories and read in books, with hopes of finding what her heart has always longed for. But love, mystery and secrets will chase her and it will only be a matter of time before she realizes what her heart truly desires.

Status: Completed

2. The Lady Who Stayed

Blurb:

THE WOMAN WHO CHOSE TO STAY...

Mary Angel Featherton has never been a part of society. She has no title attached to her name and she most definitely has none but one friend. But she is filthy rich. After her father's sudden death he left her his entire fortune, raising questions and doubt among the entire population of the Town. And with her only friend, Cressida, leaving the Town to go after her dreams, Mary is left behind with no one to turn to. In a society where status and wealth are given more import than character and capabilities, Mary finds herself desperate and even more alone as things get a tad difficult to deal with. Someone is after her wealth and the only solution is to find herself a husband, one who can give her his name as security. And she has to do it FAST.

THE RAKE WHO LIVES THERE...

Lord Adrien Haverston is a rake caught in his own trap after a seduction goes wrong. He finds himself an unwilling husband to Mary Featherton and with her comes her secrets, ones he will find he can never forgive.

A MYSTERY...

Love, trust and marriage will be tested as Mary holds on to her secrets and Adrien fights his consuming desires.

Status: Completed

3. The Lady Who Sinned

Blurb:

 THE LADY WHO SINNED...

Lady Belinda Kate Carrington has always been secretly hated by other ladies, but they try to get to her good side to avoid her vicious wrath. The thing they all wish happens one fateful night: Lady Belinda finally finds herself completely ruined. Her family disowns her for her scandal is too great to be ignored. Banished from the place she has only known, away from all the glittering jewels and fancy gowns, Belinda finds herself alone in a completely different world.

THE MAN WHO TAKES HER BACK...

Five years later, McKenzie Haverston finds Belinda and returns her to Willowfair. Things start to take a turn when Belinda decides to take revenge on everyone who shunned her. Judging her like everyone else, McKenzie finds it hard to believe Belinda when she claims a killer is out to get her.

A TRUTH NO ONE BELIEVED...

As their feelings start to show, so does the truth. What is the truth behind her banishment? Is Belinda Carrington truly the lady who sinned, or is she simply an angel who lived in hell?

Status: Completed

My Two-cents:

I read this series in the order presented by the author (as I listed above). I was not aware that The Lady who Left was part of a series when I first got started and was kind of iffy about the plot, but it was a historical fiction and that was all I cared about when I added it to my library. The plot and the characters grew on me. I have always enjoyed this author's books and had no doubt that this book would have less effect (if not more) on me. I swear her writing have just improved one book after another. I started my journey with her from The Bachelor  "series" (see my review on those books)and I have fallen in love with her books one after another. Anyway back to the Haverstons, I cannot tell you which one I prefer more than other. All three books had their own distinct plotline that evoked different emotions and thoughts within me. The only feeling I have common for all of them is that I loved them all and thoroughly enjoyed reading them over and over again. Usually, I get annoyed with the female characters because they are too clichéd. However, I loved Cressida, Mary, and Belinda. They were equally strong and inspiring characters. They loved getting under their beau's skin [hahaha ;)]. I would love to meet these ladies in real. The three sexy brothers had utter love and respect for one another -- despite pulling each others leg for the expense of their entertainment. The plotlines, my lord, where and how does these ideas come in you head dear author? I am amazed by your creation and look forward to seeing glimpse of Haverstons in your other series with Everards. 

Well those were the good points, I do also want to also point out little flaws in the books. There are errors -- mainly grammars and spellings -- in the books. They are not that big of a deal unless the reader is a nitty picker, then well by all means ignore this one until the author has gone through them again to polish them. 

Overall, LOVED THEM! I think McKenzie's ending was hillarious because of the Everards twins. Cannot wait to read their story.

Until then! xx