Dumped!

Blurb:

Deana Carter has always been superstitious and cynical. She's always waiting for the other shoe to drop and expecting the inevitable - disappointment. So, when she meets Matthew Stewart, she can't help her cynicism. It's all too good to be true. However, she begins to warm up to the thoughts of happily ever after . . . until she's standing alone in the wedding chapel - an abandoned bride. She quickly curls back into her dark jaded hole of negativity and becomes caustic, putting all her energy and thoughts into her work. Then, news about the merger comes to light. Her company is merging with the top graphic design company in the country. She doesn't put much thought to it and immerses herself in her work even more. And then she meets Jeremy Harrington . . .

My two-cent:

Honestly, I added this gem in my library because of its cover years ago. I read it, loved it, and then stored it. Now that I am cleaning up my storage, revealing to you all my precious gems, I hope you like this one as well. 

I have re-read this one a dozen times, if not more. The writer has portrayed the characters in a quite captivating way that one cannot help but continue reading. I remember I didn't even realize when I pulled in all-nighter reading this because I was so into the story that I didn't want to stop reading until I reached the end. The characters and their developments were done beautifully. There were humor, romance, mystery, tears, and drama. I really like the way the author writes, details and humor-packed! I loved Brad the laid-back-goof. I felt awful for Jeremy's past. I don't know ... neither do I even want to know, how people deal with such loss. Thank you, lord, for everything you have given to me so far. 

With all the goods, there were some bad that I found. It needs to be edited. There are errors (details, spellings, and grammars). Some parts of the story did make me cringe and roll my eyes. At times, I wanted to smack Deana and her mom reminded me of my own. I mean I can see the love, but Jesus lord give the girl a break lady! 

Anywhoo, let me know what you think about this gem. xx

Status: Completed