Promises to Cain

Blurb:

Amaris Jacobs always kept her promise. She was never one to go back on her word. And the promise she makes to Evelyn Cain is no different. On her loving friend's death bed, Amaris vows to find Evelyn's long lost and only son Bret Cain. The same Bret Cain who held Amaris's heart and promised her he'd return to her after a year. Six years later, Amaris still waits, keeping her oath to Bret to watch over his mother. She sacrificed her hard work, her potential future to keep her solemn pledge to him. And now that Evelyn needs her son, Amaris is eager to find him. Not only to bring him back home, but to discover why he never came back for her.

My two-cent:

A book that had been on my library for way too long, only to realize what a great plot it held (I have no clue why I did not read this earlier >.<). I have always been fascinated by love stories in real life that continues in high-school and stays on forever even after they go through ups and downs. I absolutely loved the story development in this. This was one of the major reason that kept me glued to this one. Bret Cain, even if he was a possessive brute, one cannot not fall for him. I could clearly see why Amaris waited for him (Hell I would too!). However, I did feel that it was rushed toward the climax. There are errors -- spellings and grammatical -- affects a bit to the flow of story. There is a sequel to this which I am very excited about reading. It contains a bit of mature contents and violence. So if those kind of things are not for your cup of tea, I would suggest you skip this. 

Sequel: Our Promise to Shawn 

Status: Completed