Trying Again ~nanowrimo

Blurb:

Meeting in high school, you'd think Gabriella and Tommy would be happily married. Blissfully happy with their two children Ben and Kate. Everyone on the outside thought they were perfect, but if only they knew..

What happens behind closed doors?

They fight. They yell and scream. There's insults, and accusations of cheating thrown around. Separate rooms and ignoring each other. It's constant bickering. They've grown apart and realized that true love doesn't always keep people together.

He's cold and arrogant, and she's a hot blooded Italian.

Fed up with it all, divorce is mentioned and someone moves out.. Or that was the plan until a surprise holiday is sprung on them and they have to keep their act up for a little while longer.. Until they realize that they're not faking it at all.

That they've started to fall in love all over again.

My two-cent:

I had honestly no idea what to expect when I started this book. The story line was pretty interesting. And it does seem like a common household problems between a husband and a wife. The struggles between them because of lack of communication, trust, respect and good sex?! (<-- I feel like I had to add that since their relationship did improve with that). Well they basically turned into some horny teenagers always sneaking. It does contain mature scenes so please take this upon your own risk. I liked that whole concept of struggles and maintaining your life after marriage. Will you face the struggles together head on or break apart? However, there are numerous errors, spellings and details, that really sways the story line. The names and POVs kept changing in the middle of the stories that confused me. I also didn't quite get the motives of some characters as they were introduced. I would suggest revising and trying to stay consistent with the overall plot to maintain that flow. Other than that awesome work bringing out the part of marriage that people hide behind the curtains of windows.

Status: Completed