The Last Dance

Blurb:

Prince John's biggest fear? Becoming King, and everything to do with it, from the sheltered life to someday having to get married. Celia, a lady knight, minus the 'Lady' if she can help it, is not looking forward to coming of age and attending the High Ball which she thinks is nothing more than a market for single girls. The two have hated each other since childhood, but when the stress gets to John and he does something drastic, Celia's the only one who can help.

My two-cent:

I am slowly digging all favorite gems from my archive that are sitting there patiently and collecting dust. As you all might already know, I am a big fan of Victorian era writings. So there are bunch that will show up here sometime soon. Please be patient. :) 

Last Dance captured my heart way way way back. I have read it quite a few times and every time I find new things that I did not notice before. The story is very captivating. I liked how well the author has used that era's language and maintained it throughout the book. Trust me I have read some that are plain awful and makes me want to haul my phone through the window. The characters are swoon-worthy with sense of humour. It is a bumpy ride. There are errors -- both grammatical and details -- that ticked me off while I was reading it. The author definitely needs to go back to polish it a bit. Nonetheless, I took that bumpy ride and loved it. 

Status: Completed