The Wilde Women of Ascot Series

*** This one is going to be a long chapter as I have not yet completed reading all the books in the series so I will give my two-cents to each separately as I read. Alrighty sit tight and enjoy! xx ***

1. The Accidental Dutchess

Blurb:

Elizabeth 'Bess' Jones was perfectly content living on her lonesome. She lived in a tiny village in Derbyshire which suited her just fine until he walked into her life. The one man who changed her life forever. Emmett Wilde had always run from responsibility. Never had he wanted to embrace the traditions that his titled family upheld. Instead, he spent his days drinking, gambling and bedding women, that is until he came across the skinny, sharp tongued Bess. Caught in a compromising situation, Bess and Emmett are forced to marry, with Emmett promising to forge a death certificate just as soon as he returns to his home in the north of Derbyshire. When he gets home, however, he learns that his father, the Duke of Ascot, has died and that he is now the Duke. And he has a wife he can no longer deny.

My two-cent:

It's no surprise that I am in love with historical fiction. Something about the way the words are written is just purely beautiful and romantic. This one is the same. The story line is amazing, but on shorter side (maybe that's just me, I would have like it to go on forever hahaha). Loved the characters and their development - beautifully written. Bess came in as blessing to Wilder family is all I can say.  She is sharp-tongued and head strong! A bit rushed toward the ending, however it is packed with humor. I did find a few grammatical errors nothing major so it definitely doesn't hamper the flow of reading. Short and sweet read to whoever needs that dose of historical language. I even got the sequels added to my library and cant wait to start on them. Xx

Status: Completed

2. The Coveted Countess

Blurb:

Two years earlier, Lord Nathaniel 'Nate' Swift, fell hopelessly in love with his best friend, the Duke of Ascot's, younger sister, Charlotte. His rakish ways, his friend's objection and their age difference made him certain that a courtship and a marriage could never take place. So Nate did the only thing he could, he left England for America and tried to forget Charlotte. After two years of experiencing the New World, Nate's world halts when he learns of Charlotte's impending marriage. He was foolish to think that he could ever forget his Charlotte. She was what he desired, what he ultimately coveted. He had to win her back. If only it was that easy.

My two-cent:

I loved Nate in the first book. He was charming and had all the prince-y qualities that could sweep any girl off her feet. Again short but awfully sweet book. I loved the "Sleeping beauty" theme here. It fit the main characters very well. The cliffhanger from the first book did sort of leave a nasty taste on my mouth so I was anxious to start this one. But I loved that entry. I loved the fierceness and protectiveness that Nate adopted as a father. Some errors that reviewing could easily fix. Since the stories are short there isn't as much pull to the story so less drama as normal. 

Status: Completed

3. The Reluctant Marchioness

Blurb:

Rose Wilde has always considered herself plain, and has practically given up on the idea of being romanced. But when American hotelier, Derek Montgomery, comes to revolutionise her sleepy, little English village of Ascot, Rose starts to revisit the idea of romance and falling in love. However, Derek brings with him many secrets and obligations, some that might prohibit him from pursuing Rose and push her into the arms of her friend, Michael Cornell, the Marquess of Juniper. Will fate provide for Rose and Derek, or will she indeed become The Reluctant Marchioness?