The Bad Boy's Girl (Book 1)

Blurb:

Tessa O'Connell is a girl as ordinary as they come-or so she thinks. Her aim for senior year is to keep her head down yet somehow manage to convince her childhood love Jay Stone to love her back. What she isn't prepared for is for Jay's brother, Cole to return to town and change the life she's always been seemingly content to live. Tall, gorgeous as all hell and a bad boy with ocean blue eyes and the perfect edge of adorability, he was her greatest tormentor, her number one enemy.But the guy that's come back is like no one Tessa's ever come across. He challenges her, he tests her limits, he forces her to bring out the girl she's long ago buried under a veil of mediocrity and most of all he compels her to consider that perhaps the boy that infuriates her to the point of no return might just her guardian angel.

My two-cent:

WARNING: It might trigger old emotions to surface. But you will learn that you are stronger and have come a long way because you are still here. xx 

This gem has waited a long time to added here, but I cannot complain since that gave me an excuse to re-read it AGAIN *grins*.  It is super cute and really made me emotional. Cole is definitely swoon-worthy -- there he goes and sits on book-boyfriend list. Tessa, I understood her but at the same time I want to shake her. 

This book touch sensitive topic: bullying, low self-esteem and insecurity. It has such powerful message. This is to all the ladies (and men) who got bullied, are insecure and "think" they have low self-esteem. I put think in quotes because it is not true. You all are beautiful and strong ladies. Do not believe what other says and that includes your mind as well. Now, now I know some would scoff at that but trust me at times mind is our true enemy. It is a human nature to over-think, over-analyze, dissect every little details to look at it through different angle then conclude that somehow it was our own fault. 

Been there, done that!

Long story short, I was a happy child then I got bullied by people who I thought were my friends, by the time I was in my late teen-age, my self-esteem was close to nil. I did not want to talk and making eye contacts took an effort. I had trouble making friends. I realized that I tend to jump into things head first and just when I invested my all, it would slip away from me. And that hurts, the feeling that no-one wants you and you will forever be alone. I believed that it was my fault that I was casted out. I always kept an arm distance between people and as soon as I thought I was getting close, I pulled my guard up and shut them down. It took me years to learn to that it wasn't my fault. I learned to be happy in my own company so that I can be happy being with others. I do not give a rat's ass about what people think or say about me because I am not here to please anyone but myself. At times, it is hard because sometimes the old scars does open up but let me tell you it has only made me stronger and stand a little taller. Did I forgive them for causing me such trauma? I don't know yet because I cannot forget what I went through. I want to go talk to them and ask why they did what they did. Then may be I can finally let this all go.  

I didn't realize I poured out my guts there. I wanted to be honest about how this book affect me so there it is. I hope this book makes you realize that you have come far from where you were yesterday, last year or even 10 years ago. Know that you are strong and you can deal with whatever life throws at you. NO GUY OR GIRL IS WORTH STAYING WITH IF THEY BRING YOUR CONFIDENCE DOWN INSTEAD OF LIFTING IT UP! and that goes not just for romantic relationship but also for platonic ones. Because you are worth more than that! 

Finally to the author, hats off to you! Thank you seems not enough to tell you how much I appreciate you for writing this piece. Keep doing what you do! xx

Status: Completed

Sequel: 

The Bad Boy's Heart (Book 2)

The Bad Boy's Forever (Book 3)