Bulletproof (formerly The boy at the back of the class/ B@BOC)

Blurb:

Tyler Madden was the screwed up kid. He was a loner. Parents dumped him on a church doorstep when he was one. Hated life and everything in it. Had scars all over his chest. Was an undefeated legend in underground fighting. And he always sat at the back of class in the corner. Alone. Problem for him was that I was an extremely sociable person and made it my unnecessary mission to get him to become my friend. Though I didn't particularly expect to be dragged into a near life or death situation with him...

My two-cent:

It was those periods where I was into books about bad boys and good girls that I added this (not that I don't like it anymore). It sat at the back of my library for a long while before I recently decided to give it a try. I wasn't sure what I was getting into. I loved the story line. The dialogues were smiting and funny. Yes, they do swear like sailors so might this not be your cup of tea if that makes you uncomfortable. It also got numerous errors: spellings, grammatical and details (major/minor) throughout the book that made me go "wait a minute, .... " or "huh?". I think that is why the author has decided to unpublish this at the end of this month (April) for serious polishing. It was a bumpy ride, but a wonderful one. I CANNOT wait to read the revised one. It is supposed to be better, longer and with some of my favorite characters having bigger roles throughout the book. So I'll update this again after I read the new version.

Status: Completed (on the verge of being unpublished for revising and editing.)