Paladin

Blurb:

Sam is the most promising swordsman among this year's crop of Paladin trainees and knows it. Brash, cocky, and unbeatable with a sword (well, almost), Sam is the kingdom of Thule's best hope against the violence wrought by demons. The only problem is that Sam is really Lady Samantha, daughter of the seventeenth Duke of Haywood, and if her father has his way, she'll be marrying a Paladin, not becoming one. But Sam has never held much interest in playing damsel-in-distress, and so she rescues herself from a lifetime of boredom and matrimonial drudgery. Pity that Tristan Lyons, the Paladin assigned to train her, is none other than the hero of her childhood. He hasn't recognized her as Lady Samantha-yet- but if he does, he'll take away her sword and send her packing. Sam is not the only trainee hiding secrets: Braeden is a half-demon with a dark past that might be unforgivable. Sam, Braeden and Tristan set out for the western coast, charged with rooting out an infestation of demons that has made the West unlivable. As they travel, they uncover a deep-seated corruption of power that threatens to derail everything they stand for. Rebellion stirs, led by a rival faction of warriors who tempt Sam to join them with an irresistible offer. A war between men is coming, and Sam must pick a side. Will saving the kingdom cost her life - or just her heart? Reminiscent of Mulan, but with a medieval fantasy twist, Paladin is a tale of adventure, action, and romance.

My Two-cent:

I judged this book by its cover. Well that's what initially attracted me to this book. I wasn't into demon twists until this hit me and boy did it hit me hard. I had read some medieval books but what I liked most about this one was the way the author wrote it. It really gives you the feel as if you are literally pulled into that era. Amazing plot with gosh so many twists and turns that hooks you like a drug. Characters were outstanding. Keeping up with hidden identity, love triangle twists and finding demons must be so tiring. I couldn't decide which couples to ship to - really torn and saddened at parts its crazy. Do check this out. It's absolutely mind-blowing! On top of that it is completed and the author is working on further editing and polishing to publish it. Can't wait!! *epppp~~~~~~* :)

Status: Completed