Stolen Hearts [Series]

***Alrighty peeps, hold onto your seats because this is going to be another long review chapter of all the books in this series. They can stand alone, though. xx**

1. Troublemaker

Blurb:

❝People die, but words live on forever.❞

When Winnie Indigo discovers that Brody Casen, has dropped a black book she picks it up and when she realizes that it is Brody's diary, she can't help but feel powerful. She can single handed take down, one of Westview high's most popular boys, but with her first attempt at blackmail Winnie already finds her abilities faltering, because the more she stays with Brody the more she realizes that the only thing that matters more than this book is their love.

My two-cents:

Cute and quick story. The use of a sense of humor is pitch perfect. Loved the wits made the overall plot very interesting and enjoyable. There were significant errors - gramatical and details. Simply put, this book is lost in terms of time, space and scenarios. Honeslty, as much as I want to say i liked the plot, it was a crazy rollercoaster ride to read it. The details were flying everywhere. The author definitely needs to go over this and really polish it. Another downside of this book for me was the female protagonist, Winnie. Ugh! absolutely hated her. She was so annoying, her presence felt more like a side blonde bimbo (no offense to any blondies here) that wants the guy than an actual center character. Major flaw on the character development at least on her part. Brody was written much better and showed consistent development throughout the plot. 

Status: Completed

2. Heartbreaker

Blurb:

Issac Lahar decides to take a virginity pledge one drunk night which is ironic since he's not a virgin. Turns out it's not as easy as he thought and all thanks to a certain girl.

My two-cents:
The second book in this series. I almost did not read this because of how horrible time I had with the first book. However, I also could not stop reading things halfway so I decided to give this a try. And it definitely did not disappoint me. It was much better than troublemaker for sure. There was a significant improvement on character development. I loved Issac and Tori. There is still room for plot improvement but the story was really neat and realistic. And I agree with Tori's decision to love oneself and be comfortable with your own company first before entering into a relationship. 

3. Matchmaker

Blurb:

For Skyler Lahar getting stuck after school with the baseball team was never part of the plan, but neither was falling for the sexy flirtatious captain who is completely off limits.

My two-cents:

This is probably my favorite among the three. I could see that the author grew along with the book. There was enormous changes in the way author wrote the book. The plot flowed well together and character development was seen clearly. Very few errors -- both on details and grammaticals, none that a thorough sweep won't eliminate. I loved Tyler and Skyler together. I was already a Tyler fan since book 1 and to read his own story felt amazing. I also enjoyed the glimpses of previous characters and their own story development in this. Quick but cute story. 

Status: Completed